Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

I'm on vacation. Yea! I spent the morning doing some chores....laundering summer clothes and hemming fleece pants I wear around the house. Got some new ones that were too long. Then did a cardio workout. The bike seat has been moved forward so I can use it now. But it still doesn't adjust, so now tall people will complain. Oh, well.
Respected Contributor

Hey, another snowy day here. Received about 7 inches last night. Shoveled off the deck and steps and walk and will snow shoe in a little while. Hubby needs to blow the driveway though..we haven't even had a snow plow through here yet. Did yoga this morning and heading out to snow shoe for my cardio...

Nomless looks like it's just you and me kid {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}pretty quiet here...Oh well, we can hold down the fort right?

Glad you are on Vacation! Hooray! I got new jammies too and they are so comfortable...leopard print! I love my fleece pajama pants though...hubby has some too. Glad the bike seat is adjusted for you....guess you can't please everyone! Hahaha Are you off all this week? What are you doing for Thanksgiving? We are keeping it very low key..only my 1 son, hubby, my dad, and me! Fine by me....Have the turkey in the fridge ready to go, and will make my pumpkin pie tomorrow...

Ok, I am going to throw another log on my fire....have a blessed rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper, did you have fun snow-shoeing? Enjoy your new cozy pj's. I got a couple new fleece sets, too. Ready to be cozy this winter.

I did cardio again today, treadmill and bike. The manager said they had to order parts for the bike, so maybe eventually it will be working correctly again.

I went to the derm. today and had two spots removed. I hated doing it now, as I will have to pay out of pocket, but I guess it's better to be safe. The derm wasn't concerned about either. One spot seems to change from day to day....some days it's a little flaky, some days a bit darker or lighter, and sometimes it even seems to sting a little. I've spent the past 10 days or so wondering if it really does vary a bit or if I'm imagining it. Derm said might as well get rid of it, it could be pre-cancerous even though it doesn't look bad now.

Thanksgiving will be low key here, too. I'm going to a friend's house, but I'll still cook a turkey breast and sides because I love the leftovers. Tomorrow, I'm having lunch with a friend and doing more laundry. I need to get some packages packed up for mailing -- Christmas gifts for far-away friends. It's fun to see all the black Friday ads and coupons, but I sure don't feel like hitting the stores on that crazy day, so I probably won't take advantage of any of the great sales.

Hope everyone is doing well and having some fum.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!

I tore an intercostal muscle during the Aerobathon. Spent the weekend pretty much flat on my back. Spasming so bad, I couldn't breath...some of the worst pain I've ever felt. I made it through bible study get-together on Friday morning but was at the doc's by 1. DH had to help me with bedsheets on Sunday and he vacuumed for me.

Terrible weather here today. 75* on Monday and ice tonight...raining and blowing like crazy now. Said we might get snow, I sure hope so, much better than this!

We got the kids a hotel room with us so we'll have Christmas Saturday night. I wrapped all the gifts yesterday. Have a dinner tonight with work people and then special church service. Lots to do to get ready to go yet, this weekend REALLY set me back!

Going to gym here in a bit...waiting for it to clear out. Can only do legs and cardio. I did some light shoulders and biceps yesterday but have to be very careful. I'm gun-shy now plus the pain is still there, just nothing like that spasm'ing and stabbing pain I had Friday and Saturday.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Hope your biopsies come back good nomless...and glad they fixed your bike! They called me at 7:30 last night with mine! I can't get back in until Dec 6th to take care of it. Same day we're going to W icked(won't let me type it) so it will be another crazy day!

bopper...enjoy your low-key Thanksgiving. We were invited a few places and it gets tricky...feelings got hurt but nothing I can do about it. So...your quiet day sounds very relaxing to me. Wink

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi all, another snow shoeing day for me....so peaceful and beautiful and quiet in the woods.

Made my Pumpkin pie this afternoon so my oven is freed up for the turkey.

Pppmint so sorry you were in so much pain..I hope each day it's better. Do they do anything for it? What do you have to have done on Dec 6th? I hope the biopsies were alright?

Nomless glad you are on vacation....just cozy up, watch movies, and relax.

FUTURE I hope you have Friday off so you can relax and enjoy a long weekend.

More snow on the way for us tonight...looks to be a long snowy winter here as it started so early this year. Good thing I enjoy winter sports outside!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all!! No real workouts to report -- mainly just manual labor. Lol! Busy getting stuff ready for the Holidays. Going out of town tomorrow, so finishing up packing, and came home from work to dog that had puked on the bed. I completely cracked up. Of course they pick today to do that!! Lol!! Hubby and I have been swamped lately, but it's ok. I went ahead and did some things I was going to do next week, so I could maybe have a bit more downtime next week. I'm knocking on wood as I'm typing that. Smiley Wink Nomless, hope your biopsy is good. I'm really glad you took care of it early, despite the cost!! Bopper, I'll be traveling tomorrow, so low key here, too! And I like it! Smiley Wink Patty, sorry about your muscles. I pulled some muscles in my back once riding a crazy horse, and I had spasms that knocked the wind out of me, even mid-sentence, for a couple of weeks. It was during school rotations, so I had to $ u c k it up and roll with it, and of course I couldn't take muscle relaxers (they knock me out for 24+ hours!), so I feel ya, sister!! Hope it goes away SOON!! Ok, well Happy Thanksgiving, all!! I'll try my best to check in later this week, but don't put money on it. We have our trip packed, so I'm trying to get geared up for it. Smiley Happy Thankful for each of you!! Hugs!
Valued Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving!

Walk, run, and weights(upper) - check! And we're going to do another 3 tonight when we get home...hopefully it won't be raining for this round.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

I about died at the gym yesterday...they have the heat regulated and let me tell you, it's a stinkin' sauna in there.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I did legs(what I could, leg-raises actually hurt my rib muscle more than upper body, but squats were okay...have to play around)...then 1.5 on treadmill, 1 mile on XC ski-machine at level 25(since I couldn't do my regular weight routine) in 4-min and some change, and 1 mile on the air runner. Then groceries and Marshall's in the worst weather we've had...bleck! I was soaked!

Last night was nice but I was glad to get home...long day.

FUTURE...I didn't take anything either but after the drive home from the ER and the walk up the stairs...I laid on the bed with it spasm'ing and couldn't breath, I was thinking I had made a grave mistake...lol! We've got a crazy couple of weeks coming up too, going to try and go with the flow and enjoy the memories. Haven't even started packing, have to get through today. Enjoy your trip!

bopper...not bad. I have the cartilage infection(can't remember proper name) in my ear so have to have a steroid shot in it then he wants to burn more of the spot on my chest because it's the kind that can turn into Squamous cell. Just to make sure he gets it all. Thanks for asking.

nomless...hope you're having a wonderful day with your friend and that your biopsies are clear. Enjoy your time off!

Time to finish my assigned dishes and get ready to roll...have to roast more pecans...anyone want to take a guess why?{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Patty, nothing stops you, no matter what. I hope your injury and ear thing heal quicky and your spts are ok. Enjoy your crazy day. Bopper, Future, Cater, and all....have a fun Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to a lazy day and time with friends.
Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, went on the snow shoes today and had my dad over for the Big Turkey dinner.

Everyone is relaxing now and watching football.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm trimming the house and watching Home Alone...just came in from skiing my trail...and then threw Logan about 25 snowballs and he bounds through the snow and flops himself in a drift...he loves it...

Leftovers at our house tonight so easy dinners and will make soup with the carcass later on.

Pppmint glad your dermi got back to you and you'll be Okay...how is the muscle pull....Have you had to take anything for the pain..?

FUTURE hoping your time away is fun and relaxing for you....I had to laugh at the dog puke on the bed....go figure hey?

Nomless glad you had those spots taken care of and everything comes back good. Are you enjoying or vacation days.

Well I have totes everywhere so better get organized....Have a wonderful rest of the day!