Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Happy Friday everyone.  The weather is going to be beautiful for a road trip.

@DrKelli, I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  Good attitude is everything.  I know you will be her support whenever she needs it.  

Won't it be nice when most people won't be able to say they had relatives that have went through this.  My elderly aunt is going through it, too.  My mom went through cervical cancer.  She was in a nursing home at the time.  I remember one time coming to visit her and felt she wasn't being cared for correctly.  Well, I had an emotional breakdown on those people.  I ranted and craved, yelled, cried and if I were a curser, I probably would have done that, too.  The facility had my sister's number so they called her to come help calm me down.  Such a bad feeling...being helpless.

Well....we are going to my husband's niece and nephew's graduation set for tomorrow morning.  And that night will be a cotillion which I'm really looking forward to.  Then, the drive back home Sunday.  I hope we are ahead of the traffic both coming and going.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It's gonna be a hot one here today.  I wore shorts to work  My hair is still wet and I have the attitude that they are lucky I showered and put clothes on.

Zumba was Zumba yesterday and she did some old stuff, so I had a good time.  She posted 2 sub requests and by the time I got back to the office, both had been snatched up by other people.  One of them I couldn't do because I was going to be in Florida--at the same place she will be, but I could have done the other.  It's being subbed by someone who used to sub a few years ago--she's a nice girl, but she doesn't face the class and I don't like that.

I'm not going to the gym today. Bad me.  I tried to get my massage appointment moved up to 3 so I could leave at 2, but that didn't work out for me, so I'm stuck here until 3.  On a holiday weekend.

No wedding tomorrow, but I still have to get up early because I have a hair appointment at 830.  I'd just as soon get my errands done early so I can get on about my business of doing as little as possible.

Have a great day and a great 3 day weekend!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  Have a nice trip!

@DrKelli  LOL.  I am sure your coworkers appreciated the effort to don your duds.

I could barely get into bed last night I was so tired with gym and especially the yard work.  Today is rest!  Not sure if we are going to get hit full on by the depression or if we are going to get the bands.  I hope I can get out and do a little hiking this weekend.

Have a Happy Holiday all!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

@bopper I have never knowingly come home with a tick.  My son spent a summer at our neighborhood day camp and brought home fleas!  They were just in his play room, and I vacuumed everyday for a week and got em all.....surprisingly!

A nice trail run for 33 min.  Partly cloudy and cool.....great for running.....plus I just got a great pair of running tights from athleta.....really sucks in the flab....woohoo!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, boy is it muggy here...terrible and DH doersn't want the AC put in...really?  He's always cold, usually sits with a blanket on at night and it's 74 in the house.  I'm sweating.  This could become a problem LOL.....He doesn't like fans either, the noise or the air blowing on him.   

I only took a short dog walk, did it on the trail, hopped mud and swatted bugs but I went.  My upper back is still sore so no weights here either.  

I hope this rain doesn't ruin everyones holiday plans.  It's supposed to rain hard later and thunder too.

Foxxie enjoy your fun filled weekend, it sound very nice and hopefully traffic won't be crazy.  My mom passed of ovarian cancer, she did pass at home though but it was a horrible time.

Dr.Kelli I indeed do hope your weekend can be stress free and relaxing on the deck.  It's hot there isn't it?

MickD I'm glad you haven't had a tick, Logan has only ever had 1 but I removed it.  Oh yesterday when I went into the shed to get a pot to plant in there was a garter snake in the shed, I'm in sandals and terrified of snakes, and I mean terrified.  I don't care if they are good for the environment, they are not good for my mental health!   Left quickly and had hubby check it out and he swears to me it's left now.   Well it's an old crappy shed and it went in underneath where there are holes.  It was in leaves and Logan almost stepped on it.. I know it's more afraid, ( not more than me though) but that's why it crawled into the hole in the shed....I'm totally grossed and freaked out!!

Anyways, hoping everyone has a very nice weekend!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli so sorry to hear about your mom.  Love her attitude.  Will keep both of you in my prayers.

My PF is still driving nuts and so is the dizziness.  Both are just enough to keep me from doing any workouts - even just going for a walk.  My patience is runing extremely thin and I'm getting grumpy!  LOL

Its a cool, cloudy, stormy looking day here by the Bay.  Heard the word "rain" but we'll see.  We've had a very cool, gray May, which is unusual for us.

No plans for the weekend except for the usual errands and as little housework as possible.

Everyone be careful if you're driving somewhere and even if you're driving around town.  Lots of people on the road and lots of people going to BBQs where alcohol will probably be served.

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

Did a 30min trail jog/walk with hubby and my old dog Rex.  Rex and I were jogging ahead of my husband, and 2 cyclists went whizzing by.....a man and his son......no announcement until the son was past me....then the dad said morning.....I said - Yeah!   Then another cyclist went whizzing by and no announcement.   Ridiculous!

If this happens again....weekends will be off......just an accident waiting to happen......

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, it started out sunny and very muggy, and now it's raining and thundering. We haven't done much.  I walked this morning, and have been in the yard helping DH drag brush to his burn pile.  Now that it rained we can burn again.  

Judy being dizzy is horrible, I'm sorry.  Just take it easy this weekend and relax

MickD bikers that approach like that scare me, which is why they get a bad name.  I love to bike but I warn people when I am coming from  behind and I'm ot racing either.

Now it's pouring so we are inside watching Roseanne marathan, yes I know, get a life Hahah...this is my Life!!!!  LOL

Trying to resist the TSV, love JM stuff and her body butters are so nice, but have to remember the other things I have my eye on too.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Its a beautiful day by the Bay today - going to be warm, almost 80!  

Feeling pretty good today.  Very little dizziness this morning and it seems to be gone already and the pain in my foot seems better too so going to try an easy walking work out.   Other than that I have no plans for this Memorial Day.  

Was looking on Amazon for exercise DVDs and came across some by Jane Adams.  Has anyone heard of her or have some of her DVDs?  Ended up buying 2 because of the rave reviews.  One had 986 five star review!  The two I bought are geared more for the beginner and senior age group which is perfect.  Both have lots of different options to choose from - easy yoga, strength, balance, core, etc.  All the reviews were fantastic.  Looking forward to getting them and using them along with the Sansone DVDs. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Happy Memorial Day everyone and thank you to all our Veterans!

Judy so happy to hear the dizziness is gone and you are feeling stronger.  I haven't heard of her, please post when you do them how you like them.  

Just did some yard clean up, and mowed.  Hubby is digging out stumps, that's hard work.  Having my dad for dinner.  Of course I have 2 sisters who live closer than we do to dad and neither wanted to have him for dinner and they are both going to be home with no commitments, but what else is new, it's always me.  I spent yesterday helping him clean his garage, remember he's 90!   Then hubby and I took him for a nice ride.  I am building wonderful memories with him too.

It's very warm here and muggy.   I wouldn't mind so much the warm but it's so humid.  Even this morning it was cool but the humidity was higher than the temp so it felt so wet out.  

Enjoy this day everyone!