Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Hey all, it's 80 here, and 60 tomorrow. Have the house closed up and shades down to try and keep it cool in here.

13 mile bike ride today and the lake was a beautiful sparkling blue..very pretty.

Yesterday was just busy with a FD brunch with the family, then some visiting, and rounded the day out with a BD dinner at a beautiful lodge.

I was going to finish my planting but I think it's almost too hot and out outdoor faucet is broke so have to haul water from the front. DH is going to repair the faucet but until then I may wait to plant..

Have a good day all!

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. It's a quiet day here.

I slept only about 2 hours last night. Ugh. I just couldn't get to sleep. Of course, I feel tired today. That happens every Sunday night and I struggle through the rest of the week.

I tried to do weights yesterday but the machine is all jacked up (again). It's old equipment. It works OK for about 3 days, then it breaks down. I'm frustrated with it, so I guess I'll turn to my TG for weight workouts. I haven't decided if I'll do cardio or weights tonight...or maybe I'll take a nap after work. LOL.

Amer. Ninja tonight. I'm still wondering if a favorite will be able to compete as a wild card or something. Not giving the name because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Super Contributor

Just got back from a hour and a half walk with dog....already over 10,000 steps on my fitbit! I am feeling so much stronger than six months ago when I first started walking after my double knee surgery. Just 20 minutes use to wear me out. I also was so inactive for many years prior to surgery. It is nice and cool here in Seattle, I do not like the hot weather other places get. Going to make a big batch of soup for dinner! Have a nice evening everyone!
Respected Contributor

Gazelle, you're doing great. Awesome job. You've done a great job working to recover!

Bopper, I forgot to mention before: yesterday I finished Alison Sweeney's The Star Attraction. It's pure chick lit....mostly entertaining, light and fluffy. It's not the best chick lit I've read, but it's not the worst either. If you like chick lit, get it from the library if you can, like I did. It's not one I'd reread probably so not one I'd be likely to purchase. I was happy to see that she writes fairly well. There were some story development things I think could have been better.

Respected Contributor

Hi, all!! It was a Monday!! Smiley Wink Hubby and I just finished painting. I'm going to jump on the Pilates in a few minutes, I think. Will try to wake up very early for spin tomorrow. Smiley Happy I'd love to get outside, but it's above 90 here today and muggy. That's the worst!! Oh well! Have a great night, all.
Respected Contributor

Hi, Future. Pilates will be a good stetch after all your painting. I did 50 min cardio, worked hard.
Respected Contributor

Hi, Future. Pilates will be a good stetch after all your painting. I did 50 min cardio, worked hard.
Valued Contributor

Morning! 86% humidity and up in the 90's today, I could feel a big difference between this morning and yesterday...bleck.

Two of my gf's are driving up from Va Beach today and will stay overnight then take some of my junk(mainly a lot of my jewelry) back down with them tomorrow which will free up a little bit of room in our vehicles. And two of my potted planters...I dumped the rest but I could see volunteers coming up in these two so I left them. Now I can't empty them so they can keep them at our house until we get one. That's right, we still don't have a house and we're moving in a week. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I did 60 squats with 50lbs and 50 dead-lifts with 50lbs. I did some box jumps and calf raises at the amphitheater I stopped at on my bike. And I'm not sore! {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

I have that bruise or whatever it is on my foot again...it was really swollen and sore last night. Might have to take off from running...it's so humid out anyway.

I picked up a Paleo cookbook yesterday morning at Wegman's...going to check it out. I'd never do one particular diet but we do eat similar to it anyway so will try some of those recipes. Can't see me giving up my fruit...not gonna happen.Wink

Honored Contributor

Hi! I hope you all stay healthy in all that humidity...bleck is right. I did 30 min. on the trail. Hot/ 84 degrees, but a cool breeze from the ocean.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, muggy day here too. Did a workout from 21 day fix and then planted the rest of the flowers and it was very humid,,,tomato's in the garden too.

GD has her last baseball game today so heading to that, then home to watch the Tigers.

Have a good evening all!