Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Hi, all. It's a sunny day in the mid 40's. Very nice, after lots of very cold weather.

Patty, it's great that you feel OK today after your hard workout yesterday. Your eyes hurt??? Wow. That would scare me!

Bopper, your day is pretty nice, too in comparison with recent colder days. LOL that you're getting ready for spring. No doubt you still have a lot of winter left. At least the days are getting longer. That helps. Katami's Krush might be something I'd like. I'm surprised Collage doesn't have his multi-disk program.

Tonight will be cardio. Last night's workout seems to have loosened up my muscles; I'm not sore today.

Interesting that in this one, Tony doesn't do modified knee push-ups. Instead he says to do 'em on your toes, but don't go down very far....so at least you're planking, which will do a lot of good. He doesn't even mention knee push-ups.

Regular Contributor

Hello everybody, cluts here!!" Got four shots in my lower back, ouch!" But I came home, was numb from waist all the way down to my feet, turned in my kitchen and fell to the floor. Oh no.. Iced my body, keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you to nomless, PpprMintPatty, bopper, for all the well wishing Smiley Happy. Much appreciated. So ill be out of commission for awhile. Bopper, spring cleaning time is it? Maybe I should start little by little. PpprMintPatty, your in my thoughts, with the mammogram and ultrasound. Nomless, I also saw the piece about the puppy on the bus. I couldn't believe it. Smart doggy. I love my furry baby. As I'm sure you all do. Hello FUTURE, I see you are working hard enough and wearing youself out. Take your time, take it easy. Put your feet upSmiley Happy. BLESSING
Respected Contributor

Maggir, I hope you're OK. Be careful moving around. I hope the shots ultimately help . Cardio done with Tony.
Valued Contributor

Oh no maggie!!! Yikes, be careful!

I worked out so hard today!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I'm not bragging, just feeling good about it and I am starting to feel like I'm really coming back...always room for improvement, but I felt strong today. Well, not during the timed AMRAP(as many reps as possible)...lol..but I did well and recovered very quickly, I even surprised the coach.

My gf is rockin' it too! She overdid the weights on one round and I knew it. I told her she's going to have to learn to speak up, if it's too much, say it's too much and stay at the weight you're at. She was losing her form and that's a sure fire way to get injured...she was already hurting after class.

We were late for bible study but didn't miss too much. They were running late too so it worked out good.

Took Lucy out before class and I'm taking her out again now because the sun is shining and I just feel energized! I cleaned all day yesterday so don't really have anything to do in the house, did some touch-up this morning so I'm free to play the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has some nice things planned for the weekend...even if that means resting. Dh flies back in tomorrow night...funny to think he flies out later today but doesn't get in until tomorrow night.

Respected Contributor

Patty, you rocked it! Way to go. Hey, it's OK to brag here!! Glad you're feeling good.

It's beautiful day here, in the mid 50's. It feels like spring, even though it's mid-January. I know this won't last, but it's sure a welcome break from the cold, dark days.

Tonight I'll do Tony's Sculpt workout. I'll try to work harder so that I get sore again. Then I know I've done a good job.

It's Friday! Have a great weekend, everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday all, it's gloomy and dark here,,,almost misting....making Split pea soup for our dinner. Good soup day and i had the bone frozen so it worked out well. Hubby is working.

I did the Total Gym and treadmill this morning and then took the Epson salt bath but I don't think I put enough in. I really didn't feel anything...but then what was I supposed to feel haha..re-energized and perky {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Maggie my goodness, I didn't want to read that! You lay low and take it easy this weekend.

nomless maybe collage will get the discs at a later date.

Pppmint very happy to hear hubby is coming home and it does sound funny how you described the time! Glad you are having sun too, you have had lots of rain and clouds and wind. We have the clouds now.

Not much else here...football tomorrow...

Valued Contributor

I got a few miles in this morning but, whoa, I could feel each one.

I'm not terribly sore, but my shoulders probably would be if it wasn't for the salt-soaks and every muscle in my body is just tired. I could sure feel my arms while vacuuming the stairs this morning. And I mean entire body, muscles you wouldn't believe...my gf said her feet hurt, her wrists, muscles in her hands, neck, behind her knees, etc...lol. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And bruises, I remember that from last time I did it. You're covered in bruises and don't even know how you got them. I know my shins are from the boxes. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Lucy is acting sick...not sure what is wrong. Will have to keep an eye on her. And DH and his entourage({#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}) missed their flight because of customs so his 27-hour trip is now 33 if nothing else goes wrong. We'll have a late night then have church and stuff...and a ton of laundry for me.

Soup sounds good bopper! nomless...how's the schedule working out, are you sore today?

Where is everyone...hope you all are okay. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I hope you have sun today. Patty, I hope Lucy is on and dh gets home without further delays. It's a nice day here. I washed my car, did a cardio w/o and now am coloring my roots. Will take it easy the rest of today.
Valued Contributor

Hey nomless...yes, Lucy is better! She threw-up twice last night so I'm sure it's something she ate.

Rain and wind again here. We all stood around after church and talked because it was pouring so hard, no one wanted to go out in it. Glad you're having a nice day. It's starting to clear up here.

DH finally made it in...he was up for almost 48 hours. Lucy and the cats were so darn happy...they still are. He's trying to do work on his laptop and they won't leave him alone...lol.

So...football and his laundry for the rest of the day.

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies!

I know it's been a very long time since I last checked in. I do think of all of you often. Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and are doing well in the new year.

Things are fine with me. Work is challenging - and not in a good way. LOL But I'm hanging in there. Looking forward to my BF coming to see me this Spring. Can hardly wait to see him. DD and her husband are doing well and trying to give me a grandchild so hopefully at some point this year, I'll be screaming that news from the rooftops.

Again, hope everyone is doing well, staying safe in the crazy weather in the East, and I wish you all the best and wonderful workouts!

Judy