Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread

Laura, yea that you found the Backjoy.  I watched part of the Lucci vid online until it locked up and quit playing.  She's as tiny as always.  The presentation was essentially the same as on HSN.  Q's version  doesn't have the side arms. I wonder if they'll add those sometime.  I'm glad Lucci is back, I always liked her.  I loved her hair care products, best I ever used.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  Love her.  She's always a class act.  Her presentation was very short.  It sold out really quickly.  Looks like you'd have to be a gymnast to get the most  out of it and I'm as tiny as she is.  It scared me a bit and some of what she did you could really hurt yourself if you don't hold proper form.  Poster child here.  It'll be interesting to see the reviews.  I've never seen a chair before.  

I'm kind of excited about my Backjoy.  It really does feel like I'm being corrected.  Got the notification that my Lo Bak is on its way though still says over a week delivery.  I'm curious to know where it's coming from.  Anyway, getting excited.  I feel like help is here and on the way!  

Oh and adding the Bodygym this afternoon.  I got jealous looking at Lucci's arms and did my thing.  Marie is on tomorrow so I'm taping to see if she's got any new moves for me.  

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Respected Contributor

Laura, Lucci does have great arms, I agree.  I'm envious that you're body type is like hers.....mine is so not!  Yay that Backjoy changes your sitting posture, in a good way I hope!  

Honored Contributor

@nomless  I'm still working on her muscles but yes I'm kid size.  I was hoping the Backjoy would work since I'm on the edge of the graph but thumbs up so far. Like the ruler for the rides at Disney World, I just made the cut!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Hi Nomless, everyone else,

Hope I'm not butting in here, but I have the Malibu Pilates Chair. I got it for about the same price when they were being phased out from HSN with a few more bells and whistles than now. I loved it then and love it now, keep it in my living room as one of my chairs so it is always out. I have the arms, used them a bit and removed them. For me, I could do more on the chair without the arms than with. 

The chair appears to be every bit as sturdy as the one I have. Mine also came with another set of weightier springs, but I haven't had the need to change those up. I'm slender, but not tiny and no where near being a gymnist. No worries for hurting oneself as long as you go your own speed. If the DVD's are the same content as mine, they do a great job for setting you up for success.

Hope everyone is well. When I thought I was becoming a bit mindless, @Iluvlucy (hey Patty!), I started munching on berries that were dark (blue and black). I swear they do help kick the brain back into gear.

Respected Contributor

Hi, @caninefitchi, thanks for stopping by and giving us feedback about the chair. I've always been interested in it.  It certainly looked sturdy and well constructed.  I'm interested in reading the reviews when they start coming in.  I'm glad to know that the arms aren't really necessary.  Thanks for your report!

Honored Contributor

Welcome @caninefitchi!  I've never seen a chair pilates device so this is all new to me.  I'll have to research it some more.  I'm looking to go more low impact as I get older.  Please join us.  I jumped in regularly a few months ago and they are the nicest group to post with.   

Walked my 8 miles.  I almost quit.  I struggled today.  Note to self: don't do Bodygym before hiking.  I was watching the early show and you just can't sit there and not join in.  Bad idea to do that and then go backwards on the hike so most of it is uphill.  Ow.  I'll be stretching the rest of the day.  Saw two deer today.  Actually they saw me and ran across the leaves and I saw them above me on the hill.  I needed their energy this morning.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Respected Contributor

@laura14, thanks for saying we're a nice group....I agree!  

And @caninefitchi, yes, please don't be shy about posting in this thread.  We'd love to have you join in.  I have a question about the chair...do you thin it helps build leg strength?  I can target upper body strength with dumbbelss, etc., but I need more than squats and lunges for legs.  Would the Pilates chair help?

Laura, I saw a bit of Marie this morning, but I was crawling out of bed, so I didn't join in, lol.  Good for you for doing another 8 miles.

I did my cardio today. Good girl!

Honored Contributor

@nomless  Rest is equally important.  I know I need some.  Or she is back tonight so you have a second chance. But I will be watching with popcorn.  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi and  Happy Sunday Funday!   it's snowing here again...just because Spring is on the Calendar doesn't mean it's here!  Hahhaa...We have a ways to go before we get Spring!

I am doing the dog sitting.  Went on our walk this morning.  He's pretty spry though...a good old boy.  I feel so bad leaving him and he's looking at me like "don't go"...They will be gone all week so I bet he wonders why he's in the tiny sunroom all alone Smiley Sad

I love seeing you new posters, yes please drop by anytime.  I saw Susan Lucci and her Pilates chair and I did see her over on HSN.  She's a tiny thing isn't she?  Like my husband says "you don't need another piece of equipment"....I really don't..saving for other things like my sons wedding in November!  Hahha...

Marie is on again at 5 EST and I"m taping it.  Not that I need to but I may see a move or 2 that I don't know about.

Caninefitchi glad you joined in here.   Anytime, we'd love to have you!  

Watching Nascar right now and flipping to the Michigan State BB game.  My son flies out of CO tomorrow for Spring Training to The Cactus League....yes it's starting once again..Love me some BB.

Enjoy your Sunday!