Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hi all, the sale went farily well.  Yesterday was better than Friday,  I didn't have to haul too much home.

Had a BD party to go to this afternoon and a big thunderstorm broke out but we really need rain so it was actually good.

We saw some blueberries too so hubby wants to go picking.  I am not a picker but he'll go.

Patty I'm glad you checked in.   Positive thoughts for the week ahead.  Is Lucy behaving herself? 

Skylark it's always good to get rid of things you are not using.  We are donating some to church too so it's useful to someone.

Well time for bed, sleep well everyone!

Valued Contributor

Part-time sounds wonderful nomless!  If my son didn't have the illness he has, I'd love to work part-time myself.  Sorry you're having trouble sleeping, I'm very familiar with that!  I didn't get home until after 9 last night then I had to do a volunteer job I'm responsible for and had trouble posting.  So I was wound-up which meant I was up late, then up early to a meowing cat...ugh.  Hope your kitties are doing well, I'm sure they're in heaven having mommy home!

bopper, Lucy goes to the groomer at 9 so we'll see how this goes.  Glad the sale went well. 

I was invited to the beach today by a group of younger gals, some of them have young ones too.  I'm not sure it will work with Lucy's appt because they're all meeting at someone's house then driving to a beach I've never been to...I don't think I can make the "meet-up time"....so won't know how to get there as I'm not familiar with that area at all.

I walked Lucy yesterday and took the neighbor's kayak out on the lake.  So peaceful, I did pass 2 other kayakers though and 1 on a SUP. 

Thanks Skylark!  Glad you had fun with your GD. 

Okay kids, have a great week! 

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper, how nice to get rid of lots of things in the sale.  Woo hoo!  

Hi, Patty, I bet Lucy looks pretty after her spa day. LOL.  Yes, I'm looking forward to part-time if it works out.  I hope you were able to join your friends on the beach. If not, maybe another time.  

I got groceries this morning, then did my workout, now have to go check on Kitty.  My gf had to go out of town..she took her dog with her but left Kitty behind.  Ii need to check her food and give her fresh water.  

Then will come come and cook dinner, a rare treat to have freshly prepared food.   

ANW tonight.  I've been enjoying it.  So far, all my favorite veterans have gotten through to the final.  Fun.

Respected Contributor

Hi, this morning I decided to do the treadmill because it was so humid outside.  4 miles of fast walking...been cleaning ever since.  

Nomless it's nice you are taking good care of the kitty.  When my sister goes camping I take care of her kitties too and do litter boxes, feeding, and of couse petting Smiley Happy   I hope you can go part time.   That would be great.

Have to pick up hubby from work.  We still don't have a reliable vehicle and only 1 at that.  But we're making out alright.

I hope this humidity lifts soon.   Kind of zaps your energy!

Respected Contributor

Yum.  My tacos were good.

Bopper, have a good dinner with DH.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning,the temp isn't bad here but its humid. We had a storm here yesterday with very high winds. Needed the rain,grass parched and burned. But at least we get a break from cutting it! 

Took Angie on a good long walk yesterday,hope to be active one way or another today.  I wish you all a nice rest of your week. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, Skylark, have fun walking with Angie.

The bike is broken again, so I did the treadmill even though my foot is not yet back to normal.  I did only 15 minutes and my foot didn't feel right.  I think later I'll put in more timecwith another pair of shoes. See how it goes.  Sigh.  I told the manager about the bike and he speculated maybe it's time to get a new one (of course it is, it's broken more often than it works), but they'll just pass on the cost by raising rent.  

Respected Contributor

Hi all, thought I posted yesterday but guess I didn't.  Walked 5 miles yesterday and mowed my neighbors grass, made 2 loaves of blueberry bread and brought a loaf over to them.   She has cancer and I wanted to do something to help.  Their grass was long and I know they have to focus their energy on health right now and I wanted to do it.   When I brought over the bread their little dog got out so I went to scoop him up and he bit me.  No blood or anything but it did hurt.  I think he was protecting his territory and maybe I shouldn't have tried to pick him up but I was afraid he was going to run into the road.

Then I had my 88 year old father for dinner, roasted a chicken and garden green beans and he really enjoyed it.

Today I just came in from a 4 mile walk, will ride by Xbike later too.  Not sure what else.  I am without a car now again.  

Skylark good job on your dog walk, have to get out there before it gets too hot!

Nomless sorry the bike is broke again and now your foot hurts.  I tell ya hey?  My shoes need replacing very badly also  Yesterday I could feel every pebble under my foot.

Have a goo day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper.  How nice of you to help out your neighbor.  Thank goodness the bite was not a bad one.  I'm glad both you and the dog are OK.

I did both the elliptical and the treadmill today. I'm so annoyed about y foot.  It started hurting in Feb. so I guess it's true that PF is often a chronic issue.  Thank goodness it's not too painful, just an annoyance really.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bopper,you slacker!!!  Seriously,what a great productive way to spend your day,yesterday.  I'm glad the little ungrateful stinker didn't do any serious damage.

Nomless,too bad about your foot.  The bike stuff doesnt aggravate?  It's hard for an active person to have to take it easy.  

I finally cut my grass. I let it get long because we haven't had much rain and it had some burned areas.  How your lawn looks is ridiculously important around here,ugh. Maybe I'll walk Angie this evening but feeling tired and lazy. Went to the library and now don't like any of the books I picked. Just a cranky day.

Hope everyone here has a nice evening.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth