Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Check In

Jody, we'd love to have you join in. Welcome. We talk about all kinds of things and motivate each other to get moving! Are you finding the fitbit to be helpful? What kind of exercise do you do?
Frequent Contributor

Happy Easter to all,

Looking to yet spend part of the evening with Sadie Lincoln from Barre 3. Sadie is a good name. I've known more than a few good Sadie's, though admittedly they all had 4 feet.

Cyber hugs received and much appreciated.

Valued Contributor

Hey everyone! We're back! It was a crazy, busy week, I worked my fingers to the bone from morning until night and I'm not exaggerating. House was so dirty, so had a lot of scrubbing to do on top of unpacking, organizing, decorating, etc.

It was 15* the day we moved in and we didn't have heat! Had rain and snow on the way up and snow on the way home(which is better than the rain imo, so I'm not complaining). Got here and it was 68* and sunny...yay!!

Yesterday after service and grocery shopping, dh and I walked/ran to beach, did the 5-mile route. Then we worked outside...he washed both vehicles and weed-whacked, and I mowed the grass(with the old-fashioned kind that doesn't take any gas), weeded bent over for an hour, and mulched. And I wasn't sore today...thought for sure I would be.

CF this morning and ran. I went up 35lbs on my back squat from last month! My gf squatted 190 lbs!!! She'll be over 200 real shortly. I'll never see it because of my ham-string/butt-bone injury that I should have had surgery on to repair after I did it. But I'm making gains so I'm good with that!

Welcome to all the new names!! I have a crown at 1 and want to take Lucy back out for a quick walk before I shower since it's so dang beautiful out! Glad everyone is doing well!!

Valued Contributor

canine....our first dog was named Sadie. She was the smartest, most well-behaved dog you could ever own. She was my son's dog, slept in his room until we had to say good-bye to her. The Lady Sadie...what a lady she was!

Respected Contributor

Welcome home, Patty! It sounds like you got the kids pretty well settled. What a big job done. And you're back into your CF routine without missing a beat. Yea!

I was happy this morning when I stepped out of bed and my foot didn't hurt. I guess resting it is helping. My hip doesn't hurt either, BTW. That's a worry off my mind. I was going to buy new exercise shoes, but I think I'll try arch supports first. I found good reviews for a couple that are made specifically for plantar fasciitis, so I might as well try that first before forking out a lot of money for shoes that may or not solve the problem.

Yesterday, when I left, my friend gave me leftover deviled eggs. I was going to bring them to work today for lunch, but when I looked in the frig, they're gone. Dang. I mistakenly threw them out when I cleaned the fridge last night. I wasn't paying attention to what I was going and tossed that container along with others. Tonight, when I get home, I'm making deviled eggs 'cause I can't stop thinking about them. LOL. Crazy.

Have a good week, everyone.

Respected Contributor

I'm trying new arch supports and hope they'll be good for my foot. I got them at Walmart and while there I spotted ground turkey on sale cheap because it expires tomorrow. So, I got some e and came home and cooked it.....instead of doing a workout. So, nothing to report for workouts, but I have protein ready or a week of lunches. (I cook, freeze, and use as needed.)
Frequent Contributor

Yeah nomless and Patty! Thrilled to hear the hip is better. Thrilled you're back at home Patty and none for the worse. No soreness after one of your jam-packed days, awesome. I'd be ticked about losing those eggs too nomless. Haven't had those in a while, you're giving me ideas. I did make some lovely little oat bars.

I tried some gel liners for a few pairs of boots that I loved but didn't love me back. Problem solved. And the love does lessen if they are killing your feet.

Bopper, it's going to be dreary here all week. It's awful dry so any moisture will be a good thing.

50 minutes of Barre 3 and Core Fusion tonight as well as Barre 3 the night before with no soreness. I broke out the squishy ball tonight with the workout!

Valued Contributor

Yes, nomless, it was a HUGE job...lol! They worked all week and I had to get it done before we left or it would drive me nuts. Of course they are super appreciative and have thanked me a hundred times...in more ways than one. I laughed about your deviled eggs...mainly because I have a hankerin' for them now and even thought about them in bed last night!

I like the Dr. Scholl's inserts. I've had the expensive ones from the ortho and have tried various others but always come back to those.

We stayed up and watched the Badgers play...so close! They played their hearts out and I'll leave it at that.

I ran Lucy this morning for 2 miles before the sprinkles hit, then I did my treadmill and jump-rope...then some core(so I'm sure we'll do a lot of core tomorrow). Was going to do CF FIT class with my gf but #1, I'm sore....and #2, my gf and I are getting lunch and bringing it to another gf's house for her birthday today so we don't have time for it today. It's at 11 which is an awkward time imo.

And my stupid phone finally bit the dust and everyone and their brother are texting or calling me(I can hear them come in but screen is black so I can't see who it is, nor can I answer or respond). It's unsettling but I did let my son and dil know along with a couple of friends. Just hope it isn't the realtor about the house...or worse. It will almost kill me to fork out the money for another phone....really not happy with Apple or Verizon right now.

Hope everyone is having a great day!! I got some miles in yesterday! Oh...haha...dh and I went for a long walk last night with Lucy and I fell...we got home and decided to walk by the lake across the street and I went to take a picture of a goose on a dock, stepped on some leaves and my feet went out from under me, flat on my back and slid down the bank, almost went in the water!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Biggest klutz ever.

Valued Contributor

Seriously...haha...I thought I only typed a couple of paragraphs!

Respected Contributor

The deviled eggs I made last night to replace the ones I tossed by mistake were yummm-eeee! LOL.

My kitty Coco had to go in for teeth cleaning this morning, so she couldn't have any breakfast. The poor girl kept meowing and meowing at me, trying her hardest to remind me that I forgot to feed her. I felt so sad. The vet just called, and Coco is awake and sitting up, thank goodness. He had to extract 2 teeth, though, so it will be even more expensive than I anticipated. Sigh. Meanwhile, Shadow is home alone; no doubt he's sad, too, that his sister is gone.

Patty, thanks for the feedback about Dr. Scholl's inserts. I got that one and also a set by Pro Foot made specifically for plantar fasciitis. I'm trying the Pro Foot first, as is seems to have more of an arch than the Dr. Scholl's arch inserts.

That darn phone of yours. It's been giving you fits for a while.

Canine, I'm glad to know you've had good luck with gel inserts. Good to know.

Coco needs to stay at the vet for a few more hours to be sure she's OK. I'll leave work a little early to go pick her up, and then will do a workout tonight. I'm trying to increase the amount of time I put in every week, so I need to get crackin' after missing a workout last night.

Wishing everyone on happy day.