Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I didn't do well on my football picks so far. Denver lost, Washington lost, Cincinnati finally played well. Atlanta is in first place. This is one strange season.

Gardenman, the Packers wearing throwback uniforms is not a good sign for your team. Remember what happened to the Colts when the Steelers wore their throwback uniforms? Just sayin.........there is something about those old uniforms that seem to make a difference.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Not a great first half for the Eagles. Aaron Rodgers is really on his game tonight and nothing we're doing is working. We still have a half to go though and anything can happen. I'm not expecting a good outcome though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

FOX just switched to the Lions/Cardinals. They must be losing viewers, so decided to go to a more competitive game. It looks like a runaway in Green Bay. Cardinals are leading 14-8 and are driving. The Lions have come from behind to win in previous games, so this should be interesting.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 gardenman said:

Not a great first half for the Eagles. Aaron Rodgers is really on his game tonight and nothing we're doing is working. We still have a half to go though and anything can happen. I'm not expecting a good outcome though.

Not much of a game. Green bay blew them away.
Honored Contributor

I would have preferred a win, but a game like this one can be good for a team over the long term. A big loss in a nationally televised game will focus a team quite a bit in the coming weeks. The game against the Titans next week would have been a classic trap game if the Eagles had won this week with Dallas on the horizon after the Titans. Now the Titans will get the full attention of the Eagles this week. This was just "one of those games" for the Eagles. Aaron Rodgers was deadly accurate early on and got into a rhythm so that he was unstoppable. Later in the game he reverted to being somewhat more human, but by then the damage was done. Ah well, bring on the Titans!

The good news is our offense got some serious time playing together today and the team faced adversity and continued to play hard right to the end. The Packers got a bit of a home-field advantage from the officials as the center of the Packers offensive line pretty much tackled Fletcher Cox most of the game, but they never got called for the holding, so more power to them. If they're not going to get called then they might as well hold. I have a feeling if there's a rematch in the playoffs, that Chip Kelly and the Eagles will make sure the officials are looking for the interior holding. A holding call here or there could have stolen some of the early momentum from the Packers, but they were still the better team this week.

Somehow the Falcons are now in the lead in the NFC South with a 4-6 record. Tampa Bay is only two games out of first place and if they can get on a bit of a roll, they could end up winning the South.

The Redskins are in freefall. They've got to figure out their quarterback situation. Right now RGIII isn't seeing wide open guys and throwing interceptions. Eli Manning is dragging the Giants to an early grave. Five interceptions makes it impossible to win. That was a highly winnable game even with three interceptions, but five is two too many.

Big, huge kudos to Andy Reid and the Chiefs. For them to be where they are with the players they lost in free agency and to injuries, is truly amazing. Andy might just deserve coach of the year honors this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 gardenman said:

Philadelphia goes to Green Bay. This is a measuring stick game for both teams. I suspect the Packers will win at home, but I'm picking the Eagles. The defense and special teams units of the Eagles are dominating games right now. Darren Sproles is back healthy again and he's a game breaker unlike anyone else in the league. Chip's been using him a bit sparingly since his injury, but I suspect Chip will take the reins off and let Sproles run wild. This should be a fun game to watch.

Well it was a fun game to watch for Packer fans. I thought the Eagle's QB was terrible. The flight back to Philly is probably going to be very quiet.

Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 AuntG said:
On 11/12/2014 gardenman said:

Philadelphia goes to Green Bay. This is a measuring stick game for both teams. I suspect the Packers will win at home, but I'm picking the Eagles. The defense and special teams units of the Eagles are dominating games right now. Darren Sproles is back healthy again and he's a game breaker unlike anyone else in the league. Chip's been using him a bit sparingly since his injury, but I suspect Chip will take the reins off and let Sproles run wild. This should be a fun game to watch.

Well it was a fun game to watch for Packer fans. I thought the Eagle's QB was terrible. The flight back to Philly is probably going to be very quiet.

Yeah, Mark Sanchez had a bad game. He wasn't as good last week as many would have led you to believe. I'm pretty sure he's not the long term answer at QB for the Eagles. That's still likely to be Nick Foles once he gets healthy again. We'll have to see what happens with Sanchez next week. Another bad week or two and Chip may make a move to Matt Barkley to see what he can do until Nick is ready to come back.

We've got the Titans, Cowboys, Seahawks, Cowboys, Redskins and Giants coming up. There should be three to four wins there pretty much regardless of who the QB is. That should leave us at 10-6 or 11-5 and in pretty good shape for a playoff spot. None of those teams has an Aaron Rodgers, so that's good.

In a weird footnote to today's game, statistically the two teams played pretty evenly. The score doesn't reflect that, but the stats don't really show a blowout. Sanchez was 26 of 44 for 346 yards and two touchdowns compared to Aaron Rodgers 22 of 36 for 341 with three touchdowns. LeSean McCoy had 88 yards on 23 carries. Eddie Lacy had 69 yards on ten carries. Jordan Matthews had five catches for 107 yards, Jeremy Maclin had 9 catches for 93 yards compared to the Packers Cobb, ten catches for 129 yards and Nelson 4 catches for 109 yards. If you just looked at the stats you'd think the game was a lot closer than it was. The Packers just did more with their yards than the Eagles did.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Go 'Skins go. What a joke. Bob3G's presser was offensive. As usual, blaming everyone (and of course the self-effacing "me too"). I'm sorry the team formerly known by a perceived insult to an ethnic group scored even one TD - I was rooting for a shut-out. So disgusted.

I like Billy.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 teganslaw said:

FOX just switched to the Lions/Cardinals. They must be losing viewers, so decided to go to a more competitive game. It looks like a runaway in Green Bay. Cardinals are leading 14-8 and are driving. The Lions have come from behind to win in previous games, so this should be interesting.

i know.....that was strange!.....and i am not even that far away from the philly area!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 gardenman said:

Not a good week for my picks. Yikes! The Rams are beating the Broncos??? The Redskins are losing to Tampa Bay? Eli's back to throwing interceptions in NY? (Up to five at this moment.) That NFC South is really looking like a mess. Tampa suddenly finds themselves right back in the playoff hunt with only two wins and just six games left to play. If they win four of those six they might just win the South with a 6-10 record. It's a weird year.

Hey GARDENMAN.....oh the teams in the NFC East or should I say FC Least do us proud.........our QB called our game a TRAVESTY and he was the one creating most of it....and now LT Trent Williams is injured our best lineman...knee/ankle.....hey is Tim Tebow available? And Eli was back to his old self throwing 5 interceptions....and of course you know what happened with your Eagle's.....

Oh those tricky Rams....who would've thunk it an upset over Peyton and the Broncos...WOW!!! .....Crazy Crazy NFL year....and the Cards keep rolling along.....I think that missing the playoffs last year after a respectable 10-6 record has motivated that they are bound and determined to make the playoffs this year and perhaps beyond....much like my Spurs after losing the year before with 26 seconds left it motivated and drove them all year and they were bound and determined to win the championship and so they did!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”