Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week 14 of the NFL Regular Season!!!

According to a report written in Washington Post, Jay Gruden wants nothing to do with RG111 and doesn't want him on the team. I don't know what Dan Snyder feels about this. Anyway, this was brought up on the Colts message boards. One fan mentioned that he thinks RG111 would be a good fit in Philly, if he were to be traded. Gardenman, thoughts on that? This is by no means official and just one person's opinion, but what would you think about RG111 working with Chip Kelly? I don't know Chip's system well enough to figure out if it would work. I just thought it was an interesting scenario. Whatever happens, I really don't see RG111 staying much longer in Washington.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Dang it...I was late again in posting so missed my pick for the Thursday Night Game.....

CONGRATS to Cowboy fans.....it was a surprise on how BAD the Bears are...WOW! Sad day that the Bears once known for their defense have none and then there's Jay Cutler.....and they just re-signed him to a small fortune so he would be difficult to trade......

Okay here are my picks-

Steelers/Bengals-The Steelers are so inconsistent you don't know which team will show up.....and the Bengals haven't been world beaters either, I'm going with the BENGALS (on my cat Figgy's recommendation).....

Colts/Browns---well how do you like Kyle Shannahan now Browns fans?.Commentators have been critcizing the play calling and Hoyer has been awful but it's not all his fault---quit hoarding your cap space. And I'm glad the team decided not to switch to Johnny Football.....if he fails that gives the fans no hope for next season....The Colts are fine tuning for the playoffs and am going with Andrew Luck and THE COLTS!

Bucs/Lions-as inconsistent as the Lions have been gotta go with them over the Bucs;-LIONS who need to win to keep up with red hot Aaron Rodgers and the Pack!

Texans/Jags--Jags got a surprise victory......but I don't see them repeating that scenario over JJ Watt and the Texans.....I say put Watt in at QB {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. Even though Clowney is out for the season and so no help to JJ....gotta go with the TEXANS!

Ravens/Miami-a suspension for a Ravens player for PEDs....gotta go DOLPHINS

Panthers/Saints-lack of talent on offense has cost them this season. Saints need to win since NFC South is still up for grabs...going with the SAINTS!

Giants/Titans-two terrible teams......Eli and Couglin really under fire......but the Titans have looked bad and only won 2 games this year....it pains me to go with the Giants....I wanted them to be tied for last place with my team......

Rams/Redskins--oh this tricky Rams....although Colt McCoy put up some good stats and got the Washington offense moving....the O line and defense have been terrible....Morris has looked better to with Colt in at QB....but gotta go with those RAMS

Chiefs/Cards-this game could go either way without Palmer in at QB.....Chiefs have fallen behind not only the Broncos but now the Chargers as well....Cards need a win to get back on track......I'm going with CARDINALS

Bills/Broncos-wonder what the weather will be like. Bills have been playing good defensively.....but Peyton at home....I have to go BRONCOS

49ers/Raiders-Gee the Raiders got their one win and decided to sit back and relax or so it appears based on their last game....the 49ers MUST win to stay in playoff contention...I am going with the 49ers!

Seahawks/Eagles-this is a very very important game for both teams. The Seahawk's defense has re-emerged and they are fast and aggressive......Can the Eagles O line and Sanchez and McCoy keep the Hawks at bay. And the Eagles D has been good at rushing QB's which should help keep Russell Wilson from gaining yards by scrambling....I'm really torn but will go with the EAGLES at home (I'd rather see Eagles win the NFC East over the Cowboys too Wink).....

Pats/Chargers---this should be a good game....Rivers is a fiesty QB.....but I just don't see Pats losing 2 in a row---however, I promised a couple of PATS fans I would not pick them and jinx their team so I gotta go CHARGERS {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Falcons/Pack---Arron Rodgers and Lambeau Field...'Nuff Said! even though the Falcons must win to keep pace with the Saints!!! PACKERS ALL THE WAY!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 teganslaw said:

According to a report written in Washington Post, Jay Gruden wants nothing to do with RG111 and doesn't want him on the team. I don't know what Dan Snyder feels about this. Anyway, this was brought up on the Colts message boards. One fan mentioned that he thinks RG111 would be a good fit in Philly, if he were to be traded. Gardenman, thoughts on that? This is by no means official and just one person's opinion, but what would you think about RG111 working with Chip Kelly? I don't know Chip's system well enough to figure out if it would work. I just thought it was an interesting scenario. Whatever happens, I really don't see RG111 staying much longer in Washington.

Hi TEGAN.......Yep Coach Gruden said Robert needs to work on his footwork, on being a pocket passer, and reading defenses. And I don't like the way he seems to be more concerned with "his brand" than studying film.....and he seems to point the finger at his team mates rather than himself....At this point I hope Allen and Snyder see it as Gruden does....we need to cut our loses and move on. I don't think Robert will end up in Philly.....One real real scary scenario was on Mike and Mike where the Bears and Washington make some kind of deal and Cutler ends up in Washington...YIKES!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO!!!! I'd rather stick with COLT an average QB at best than go CUTLER or that FSU QB Winston.....

My greatest hope is that Robert finds a new home elsewhere and JMHO I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dallas.....just a feeling and Robert may have more POTENTIAL than Weeden as backup......and of course Jerrah would love the attention that would bring...and interestingly enough he even made comments that he felt Robert was not a bust....hmmmmmmm. I think Jerrah perhaps had thought about bringing Johnny Football to Dallas.....but it looks like the Hoyer is a bust and Johnny has to be in the Browns future plans for QB......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/4/2014 gardenman said:

teganslaw. If things play out right and the Eagles win the next two games then the Cowboys will only be playing for pride when they play the Colts. I'm not even sure the Cowboys will beat the Bears tonight. I've been back and forth on that pick all week. My gut says the Cowboys lose tonight. There's a real good chance the Cowboys will be in full retreat mode by the time they play the Colts and the Colts will just roll over them. These next two weeks will tell us a lot about the Cowboys. Two wins and they'll be a big threat. Two losses and they're out of the playoffs and possibly looking for a new head coach. A split and they'll be hanging onto a wild card slot for dear life. We'll learn a bit tonight by how they play against the Bears. Tony Romo did not look healthy last week. If he looks the same this week with seven days rest, then the Cowboys could be in big trouble.

GARDENMAN---Despite an impressive win against the Bears, if I were a Cowboy fan I'd make sure I'd be saying lots of prayers for Murray to stay healthy.....he also helps to keep the Dallas defense off the field longer....but with Romo and his bad back and now rib injuries and with Brandon Weeden as their backup QB will they hold up to make the playoffs and even if they make it, I don't see them going very far.........The Cowboys really need to improve their backup QB situation......should be an interesting playoffs and off season....

And all I want to Christmas is a Washington sweep over the Cowboys and with Romo's health in decline who knows.....I doubt it....but hey I can dream can't I.....'tis the season of MIRACLES and in a rivalry game anything has and could happen....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Trusted Contributor

Very happy about the win but would be over the moon happy if only Bears hadn't scored those quick 21 points. Our pass defense was not so good, and with Sanchez, Luck and even McCoy coming up, we have to be much better. This game might had sent me to the ER if the endzone interception hadn't happen. Not really, but geez the Cowboys just can't make it easy.

enjoy your games this weekend everyone. May all the NFC East lose.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

teganslaw. I don't really see RGIII coming to the Eagles. I think Chip is pretty happy with the quarterbacks he has now. We've got Mark Sanchez (likely to leave after this season as he's on a one year contract) Nick Foles (who has been and will likely be the starter again once he's healthy) Matt Barkley (who Chip seems to really like and still believes in) and GJ Kinne who is extremely athletic but inexperienced. They keep him around all of the time though and this week he's impersonating Russell Wilson.

RGIII lacks a few of the things Chip looks for. He's not a "team first" kind of guy. He's fragile (extremely fragile.) He turns the ball over a lot. He doesn't strike you as being an overly smart (football wise) player.

If Sanchez leaves this year, and I think he will, then Chip may draft a new kid, or grab one of the young guys likely to get cut, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Foles as the starter next year with Barkley as the backup and GJ Kinne as the number three.

People (the media and talk radio fans) make a big deal of Nick Foles' higher rate of interceptions this year, but all off-season the offensive coaches were telling Nick they wanted him to be more of a gunslinger this year and that they felt he was too careful last year. They wanted him to take more chances and that's why you're seeing more interceptions this year. Nick's a good quarterback and he's likely to be the starter here for the foreseeable future. Matt Barkley will likely move up to the primary backup next year and then GJ will likely be the ("Oh God, no!") quarterback when everyone else gets hurt. Kinne's an interesting guy. He's extremely athletic, but a bit of a goofball. I think the coaches are intrigued at what he'll be when (perhaps if) he grows up. There's some potential there and he could be a late bloomer.

I'm not sure we haven't already seen the best of RGIII. I'm not sure we've seen anything close to the best of the four guys the Eagles have now. Could RGIII do well in Chip's system? Probably. I just don't see Chip feeling the need to make the move though. Dallas wouldn't surprise me. I have a feeling this is Romo's last year as the QB down there and he's going to retire after the season. JJ will need someone as QB and while the Redskins would be unlikely to trade RGIII directly to the Cowboys, if they cut him loose the Cowboys would certainly be interested.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/5/2014 yellowrose said:

Very happy about the win but would be over the moon happy if only Bears hadn't scored those quick 21 points. Our pass defense was not so good, and with Sanchez, Luck and even McCoy coming up, we have to be much better. This game might had sent me to the ER if the endzone interception hadn't happen. Not really, but geez the Cowboys just can't make it easy.

enjoy your games this weekend everyone. May all the NFC East lose.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I was a ball of nerves, but I too was very happy when Scandrick brought in that interception. Defense was lagging but at least he walked the talk from his antics on the sidelines.

Trusted Contributor

If JJ brought RGIII here, there would be an uproar like you never heard before. And that would just be from me. Imagine the noise when the other fans chime in....or roar in. Anyway, we all know JJ likes Manziel, and he's another one I don't want.

I don't know about Romo retiring. I don't see it happening, maybe if we win the SB I could see it happening. But for his own future health, I wouldn't blame him in the least if he did retire.

qvcfreak, I was a ball of nerves also. I had a bad feeling at first. but once the game started I felt like we were going to win. It makes my life a lot calmer if I copy the game then watch if we win.

Esteemed Contributor

If JJ brought RGIII here, there would be an uproar like you never heard before. And that would just be from me. Imagine the noise when the other fans chime in....or roar in. Anyway, we all know JJ likes Manziel, and he's another one I don't want.

I don't know about Romo retiring. I don't see it happening, maybe if we win the SB I could see it happening. But for his own future health, I wouldn't blame him in the least if he did retire.

qvcfreak, I was a ball of nerves also. I had a bad feeling at first. but once the game started I felt like we were going to win. It makes my life a lot calmer if I copy the game then watch if we win.

I record all Cowboy games and if they lose, I immediately delete it but if we win I watch it over again with a lot more calmness.

Honored Contributor

I don't know anything, but my gut says that with multiple back surgeries now behind him and a fresh back injury now, he's got to be thinking about giving it up. I'm still not sure his real love isn't golf and he gave up golf this year to play football. I wouldn't be shocked to see him give up football so he can go back to golfing. There's only so much abuse a back can take. Golf is less taxing on a back than getting hit by three hundred pound defensive linemen.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!