Esteemed Contributor

I am blessed with eczema!  It seems nothing really seems to work unless prescribed cremes but I find those drying.

Which do you find better:  First Aid Beauty or Derma Doctor?

Respected Contributor

I am double blessed with both eczema and psoriasis.  First Aid Beauty and Derma Doctor did not make matters worse but they did not help clear it up either. I would say results from both brands are about the same.  The prescription cream from my derm doctor works best. I am sure you know nothing actually can cure it.  The prescription cream is not drying on me, though.  I wait a few minutes for it to absorb and then apply moisturizer.  Lately I've been using Aveeno for eczema care.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

I hope you are under the care of a Dermotologist. DH has the same issue and first they put him on Eucrisa and eventually Dupixent shots which resolved the problem.  Both of these are very expensive but covered by BCBS.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I am blessed with eczema!  It seems nothing really seems to work unless prescribed cremes but I find those drying.

Which do you find better:  First Aid Beauty or Derma Doctor?

@eddyandme   Any skin condition I've had has been helped a lot using First Aid Beauty Ultimate Skin Repair.  Have not used Derma Doctor.

Trusted Contributor

I too have eczema and drier than dry skin. I really don't like prescription creams and steroids in particular because they can thin the skin.

What's helped me more than anything else is reducing stress and getting my gut microbiome in order. A good diet and healthy gut is crucial for this, do a little research on youtube. There is so much info out there on this.

Also, very important to keep the skin moisturized in excess because your lipid layer is compromised with eczema. I  like cerave cream and healing ointment, aquaphor and vaseline.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Super Contributor

My sister swears by something by Aquaphor. The "beauty consultant" at CVS can tell you which one it is or it may say so on the label. Dr. Nassif has a jar of cream specific to that problem which has helped me. It lasts so long I don't remember which shopping channel it was from!

Frequent Contributor

I have eczema and dry skin.  I find regular Vaseline works better than anything.  I live near a famous burn clinic and that's what they use on burns!  I figured I'd give it a try.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Was Wondering...

[ Edited ]

I also have eczema, and cannot apply anything other than precription ointments directly to the sores and rash.  Other things cause even more irritation and even infection.  The ointments have never made my skin feel dry, in fact, my eczema feels soothed after applying the precription ointments.

Using fragrance-free antibacterial soap has also helped clear up my eczema outbreaks, especially on my hands.

For the areas of my extremely dry skin that is clear, I use Vaseline Clinical Care lotion.  This lotion is very moisturizing.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your advice!

I feel soooo bad!  I was unable to respond and thank everybody until today.  When QVC tinkered with their system, I was one of those who could not sign in.  Contacted Customer Service three times and that didn't help. Then when someone had posted the mods email, I was able to email them - issue solved.  Thank you mods!

Guess eczema is something we just have to live with so I'll keep using my prescription creme and keep moisturized.

Thank you - nice being back on the forums!