Honored Contributor

Oh, I wish I liked Zoom but I hate it.  Does me no good at all.  I'm ready to either quit or try digital only.  The problem is that I feel the in person meetings are what helped me.  Since March, I've gained 20 lbs on my five feet frame.  Knees and feet are worse than usual.

I know that some WW sites have meetings now by appointment only but I'm too embarrassed to attend.

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I have done WW since 1999 and always thought that the meetings and in person weight ins were crucial for me.

I've been back since July, doing the green plan, and I do like the option of Zoom meetings now, but I've only been to the Quick Start Meeting and 2 zoom meetings and don't feel the need attend them anymore.  I might if I start struggling, right now, things are going very well without attending meetings and in person weigh ins.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   You should never be embarassed to attend or go back.  They will not make you feel bad.  

Almost every employee of WW has gained and re-lost (some multiple times), so they know the drill.

They'll be happy to see you.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35, what you say is true.  It's in my head, though, to feel bad/embarrassed.  I've done this several times.  Sometimes I wonder if I have an eating disorder.  I lose but only under certain circumstances.  I shouldn't need WW to lose weight in the first place but they (the public scale) were my crutch to go to every week.  When I lost that in March when they closed the public to meeting, I lost my crutch.  Virtual meetings do nothing for me.  It's not the leader's fault, totally mine.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor
I’ve been doing WW for the past year and 9 months. I weigh 6 lbs less than when I started....a year and 9 months ago. Same 5 lbs up and down....for the past year and 9 months. And most of that came off the first week. I’ve tried all 3 plans. I’ve tried eating my weeklies. I’ve tried not eating my weeklies. I’ve tried eating half my weeklies. Ive tried the Wendie plan. I’ve tried exercising. I’ve tried not exercising. 6 lbs. to show for one year and 9 months. On someone my size, that could simply be water weight. If you follow the ww ambassadors and other ww members on Instagram, most of their recipes/food choices are not healthier, whole food, less processed options. They are mostly over-processed, sugar free, fat free, lite/light foods because you can fit more of those into your daily point allotment. And one WW’er even said she needs to eat quantity over quality. You want a tablespoon of olive oil? It will cost you. You want avocado? It will cost you. You want full fat dairy? It will cost you. WW basically promotes a lowfat diet. And we need healthy fats to feel satiated. And for many other reasons. So guess what? After a year and 9 months, and 6 lbs, I canceled my WW membership last night. I broke up with them. I’m focusing on portion control while still incorporating healthy fats.
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   I call it the Walk of Shame when I have to go back.  I stayed away a very long time the first time because I wanted to lose weight first before going back (like when people clean their house before the maid service comes in ;o)

You just have to steel yourself and walk through the door.

For me, it's always been better on the other side.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN