Honored Contributor

Re: WW horrible presentation!

Can you use the plan if you don't have a smartphone???

Esteemed Contributor

Workshop - meeting. Who cares what you call it?
Regular Contributor

In defense of Jane T., this is sooo not her doing.  This is a QVC / Weight Watchers messaging issue.  These shows and presentations are orchestrated / produced with, I'm sure, pretty strict guidelines as to what to say/ not say.  Example, Vitamix presentations ... no matter who the vendor rep is, the bullet/talk points are always the same ... almost identical.  So, let's not blame Jane ... it's really the "powers that be" that missed the mark on this presentation.

Respected Contributor

I was curious about what QVC would sell in regards to this so I did watch for awhile. 

An app of which there are many low cost or free tracking ones of many diet plans online. Or you can chose the app with workshop /meetings which has been the crux of WW since it's conception by it's founder.

I purchased the little  point calculators they had about 5- 10 years (ago) . It seemed helpful at first but I spent money on them then used for about 3 months. I found I spent a lot of time looking items up , then recording it . I think I may watch this afternoon  and see if it is explained better.

After watching last night Iearned that Jane's mother was a nutritionist that preached moderation and eating all fruits and vegatables. (one of the best all round ideas IMO ).Jane's sister was going to use WW . Jane switched out white rice for brown in one of her family's meals. I missed Oprah's call but from the commercial I guess she is still loving bread. 

WW can be a good program for many . I still do not quite understand what QVC had to do with it.

Respected Contributor

WW has been in financial difficulty for a few years now.  They are doing away with alot of their meetings (workshops now ) in diffrent locations.  Its not a surprise they are pushing the app and digital entollment.  Younger people dont want to physically go to meetings anymore so they had to reinvent themselves to stay current.  Also, there are so many  programs now Noom, Fitness Pal, Lose it some free and some with minimal fees, and the app that mimics the WW programs to a perfection is itrackbites...

Not to mention the expense.  I was paying $52 a month for my monthly pass and I believe in some areas it has gone up to over $60

Honored Contributor

@Teddixatno one cares but people don't understand what it was because it wasn't explained.  That is the point you seem to be missing.  If you already use and love WW, you probably understood the presentation because you didn't need to learn anything.  For anyone new to the program, the presentation was sorely lacking and one still wouldn't really understand or know the program.

As an aside, when I first saw that WW was coming to QVC, I was baffled by this partnership for the reason someone else touched on.  WW has always been very secretive about the program. They want you to sign up/join in order to find out exactly what the program entails.  I had a feeling nothing was really going to be explained without a purchase and that is exactly what happened.

I think one would be better off watching YouTube videos or googling to find information rather than watching QVC.   

Occasional Contributor

I do have to agree that if I were not a current  member of WW, which I am, there is nothing in that presentation that would have convinced me to join.  While I understand that they are not going to give away the complete plan without a membership, a cursory explanation of the Smart Points system, the differences in the three plans, and an explanation of what zero point foods are and how to use them effectively would have been beneficial.  They could also have explained how it is more of a lifestyle choice as opposed to a diet, and also focuses on the mental aspects of sticking to a plan.  Lastly, explain how the digital platform with their app or computer access to the program enhances tracking as well as the bar code scanner and recipes that are tailored to the plan.  

Also, as another poster stated, as a current member, how could I get in on the pricing being offered by QVC?  I have been paying somewhat more than that for a while now.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MellieM444 wrote:

I do have to agree that if I were not a current  member of WW, which I am, there is nothing in that presentation that would have convinced me to join.  While I understand that they are not going to give away the complete plan without a membership, a cursory explanation of the Smart Points system, the differences in the three plans, and an explanation of what zero point foods are and how to use them effectively would have been beneficial.  They could also have explained how it is more of a lifestyle choice as opposed to a diet, and also focuses on the mental aspects of sticking to a plan.  Lastly, explain how the digital platform with their app or computer access to the program enhances tracking as well as the bar code scanner and recipes that are tailored to the plan.  

Also, as another poster stated, as a current member, how could I get in on the pricing being offered by QVC?  I have been paying somewhat more than that for a while now.

I didn't see the presentation, but in addition to making sure people understand how it works, I wonder if QVC couldn't offer some kind of online platform "meeting".  I thought the weekly meetings, along with the exchange with others, was a key component.  I would be surprised if people have the same success using online only.  

ETA:  Seeing the presentation now and they do have an option for workshops.  Will see if this presentation is more informative.  If it's all about people talking and not demonstrating, I won't watch.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@bluehydrangea wrote:

In defense of Jane T., this is sooo not her doing.  This is a QVC / Weight Watchers messaging issue.  These shows and presentations are orchestrated / produced with, I'm sure, pretty strict guidelines as to what to say/ not say.  Example, Vitamix presentations ... no matter who the vendor rep is, the bullet/talk points are always the same ... almost identical.  So, let's not blame Jane ... it's really the "powers that be" that missed the mark on this presentation.

@bluehydrangea @sorry but, I completely disagree..... if Jane T would have shut up & let the WW vendor speak we would have gotten more information ... I personally don’t care where Jane  or her family has been etc,. & the powers that be need to tell Jane to focus on the product & not her personal life stories ... I can’t take her anymore!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat. WW has teetered on the brink of bankruptcy several times.  That's why Oprah stepped in and bought a large share of the company and why they've closed so many locations or moved to cheaper quarters.  They have struggled financially and have not competed well with other weight loss programs which have been more aggressive with advertising.

I didn't see the presentation but it sounds like it was poorly planned and presented by WW.  Next time they should demand someone other than Jane as host and give significant info.  I am a Lifetime WW member since 1972, so I'm well aware of the history of the program.  IMO, it has always been the most effective, safest eating plan.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment