Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature, text that says 'Hello November'

Who wants to do  a November Challenge?  Choose to do 30 mountain climbers, 50 squats ( however you want do to them) I even will use TG for them, or 30 Jackknives.   You pick and post here in this group everyday you come to visit.  

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

I am in!  I do 100 sit ups, 2 minutes of planks and squats (50) 5 days a week.  Plus cardio...

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

No trick or treaters last night.  I didn't see any on the street, and I put up a sign on the gate saying see ya'll next year. 

I'm gonna slug it today.....my get up and go just went away!  Don't know why I've been tired lately....too much home improvement stuff, breakage, etc.  I need to get back on a routine again.....for my own sanity.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy November everyone!   It's snowy and again very very windy.   I did Total gym for 1 hour this morning, my 50 squats for the November challenge!   

@MickD  are you in on the squats?

@FastDogWalker2  good for you!   Nice to  have you joining us!

We had lots of trick or treaters here.  At first I didn't think we would but later on they all came.  We had everything on a table outside even in that wind and could watch out the window when they came to be sure everyone only took 1 baggie of candy.  Many waved and gave the thumbs up so it worked out well.

Football now and making bread for hubby's lunches this week.  

Hoping everyone is staying well, using much caution and remembering we are all in this together!!!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  I'm home!  My DD and i had a fabulous weekend.  The weather was perfect, we did lots of beach hopping as there are a ton of beaches all up and down the coast.  Got my workouts in hiking down to the beaches, walking on the beach, and then hiking back up to the car!  We went to Fort Ross but it wasn't open, only the visitor center.   However the trail out to the ocean was available and you'll never guess what we saw?!  A whale!  It was't that far off shore and it would crest and then spout, it was so very cool.  Also heard lots of seals but they were on a rock kind of far out in the ocean so we could hear them but not really see them.  We only had dinner out one night as not many restaurants are open.  We did eat lunch out a couple of days because some places had outdoor seating but by the night time, it would be too cold and foggy to do that.  The one dinner we ate out was really just take-out but it was still nice to not cook - I had a lamb burger and my DD had fish tacos, both were delicious.  Otherwise, we ate at the house.  The first night we were there we saw the moon come up and it was spectacular.  It was huge and so bright!  The other two nights the fog had moved in and we couldn't see it.  Both my DD and I kept saying what a perfect weekend it was and how much fun we had.  Neither one of us wanted to leave this morning.  We both wondered how we could send for our cats!  LOL  Took lots of picutres so will be able to add a few pages to the scrapbook I have of all our mom/daughter trips.

What are mountain climbers and jackknives?  Better go see what those are before I commit to something.  HAHA  Squats I know but there is no way I could do 50 in one day and still be able to walk.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Respected Contributor

Checking in - just did 35 minutes on the treadmill.  Free weights, 100 sit ups, tricep dips and 2 minutes of planks.  Keep up the great work everyone!  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I hope all is well starting this new month.

I have some must do errands this morning so I'm going to miss my favorite instructor and his class today.  But there's plenty online for me to do this afternoon.

My fitness center sent out an email Friday saying that there will be online classes from them like they had during the shut down.  The difference is that you have to sign in for them as a member similar to signing into a live class.  I get the feeling that this will be a way they keep memberships viable if they have to shutdown again.  During the shutdown, no memberships were paid but we were allowed to go to YouTube to watch their videos whether you were a member or not.  Guess they're getting financially smarter.  Understandable.  Everybody is on pens and needles.

My son (I'm sure pressured by wife) put up the tree and decorated the house yesterday.  The house looks good and he looks tired.  He works by day, comes home and takes over household duties while she takes FB pictures and whines about not being able to have her housekeeper these days.  

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I have an eye appointment this am so I got my workout done.  2.21 miles outside with the dogs on this chilly am and 32 minutes on the treadmill.  Also did my 2 minutes of planks, 100 sit ups and tricep dips.  Get those workouts in everybody and enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We are supposed to have a spectacular week this week--temps in the 70s all week.  And then the bottom drops out next weekend--snow and in the 20s.

I'm going to have to do a workout later today--I have 2 orientations to do, one of which is at the time I have my lablast class.  I actually skipped class this weekend because I was tired.  I went to the party on Friday (dressed as Abby Sciuto)--everyone was wearing masks--the medical kind, not the plastic kind from when we were kids.  It was fun--I stayed for a couple of hours and got worn out.  There was this one dude who came that was dancing with a lot of the women, including me--however--I don't know WHAT he was doing--he never did the steps that went with the rythym of the song that was playing and he thought he was fabulous.  I can follow a lead pretty well and I know the basic patterns for all the ballroom dances, but he was not doing any of them.  When I sat down with my friends, one of them says--he doesn't know what he's doing and he thinks he's something.  LOL.

I'm super busy today, so I'll just tell you all to have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!  Today I did   70 minutes on the Total Gym using my CycloTrainer attachment and following Rosalie Brown's workout on Youtube, then did my 50 squats using 20# on the weight bar on my TG up on level 12, I did my 60 mountain climbers for the Movember challenge and rebounded on the reformer for 20 minutes.  I know it sounds like a lot but just a little over an hour.  Getting ready to dog walk.  The sun is out and we are in the 40's so I'll take it for sure!

@Mmsfoxxie  sounds like your DIL is the princess and her husband is everything else....Geeze hey! 

@FastDogWalker2  great job on consistency and those planks woo hoo!!!!!

@JudyL what a wonderful time away you had.  I could hear it in your "voice" you really needed this and I am so happy for you!   Sounds just so relaxing!  Love you went and did that!

@DrKelli  hope your day goes well for you!   Sounds very busy!

@MickD  how she go?   I'm heading to the trail, but still need the big claud hoppers.  The puddles are just terrible and can't get through them without tall waterproof boots.

Have a wonderful day, get those Squats in whoever is doing the challenge!