Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

@RubyNoel  Feel free to share!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, well it's another winter storm, yes it is.  I canceled my hair appt. until Thursday.  I babysat all morning, and that girl wears me out, nonstop go!!!  Gotta love her!

I just did 30 minutes on the TG using the CycloTrainer, and it was all cardio, and whooped my butt.  My HR got to 170...that's high for me, but luckily you don't maintain that for long, then drop back down again.    Great cardio workout and leg workout, than stretched it all out on the reformer. 

Soup for dinner, homemade chicken noodle..

I think we all want Spring and we want it NOW!

Be safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Not even 9am and I am already halfway to my 10,000 steps.  Mostly pacing I am so stressed.

As a result, my valentine to myself is a day off tomorrow.  I need to start getting rid of them before they get stockpiled into the summer months like usual. 

I am actually excited to say bye to this place for a day and just be a stay at home person.  So far I have badly needed grocery shopping planned and cleaning.  LOL

But that is tomorrow so I am at work today.  I hope everyone has a day off from snow and other nasty weather.  Have a great hump day all!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  Another day without snow here, yay!  And 27  days until I am on vacation!

My 'restore' class was really good last night.  The trainer had a friend take the class, so I wasn't by myself.  It was a pilates type class with an exercise ball--I could do most of the exercises.  I asked the trainer how the stretch class that I am taking tonight was different and she said it was pure stretch, which will be good.  She told me that she has to wait to see who shows up in order to know what she is going to do because some people have never worked out (which is kind of PF's thing--the no judgement zone and all).  Then she said "I love it when you are here because you are in shape and I can do more advanced things".  She gives me entirely too much credit.

Today is restorative yoga (and stretch tonight).  My most favorite class.  I got a sub notice for next week, so I will be teaching zumba next week.  I'm going to add a paso doble to We Will Rock You and bring back some oldies that our old instructors used to teach.

I get a 3 day weekend this weekend and I am looking forward to it.  I'm going to try to find some new tops and a new dress for our cruise.  All the pictures from the last few years are me in the same clothes (because I only wear them on cruises!!) and I need something different.

I hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hey, well 15 inches plus just yesterday, digging out is a big part of my workout today, although I did do 45 minutes of rebounding on my reformer, and then my stretches.  Have over 15,000 steps in, been out twice to snow blow, the 2nd time was after the plow came.  I am pooped,and sitting watching Hallmark.  

A roast is in the crockpot, and I'm relaxing for the rest of the day.  I am worried about how much snow we have on the roof, and that's on top of the ice we had. 

Laura sorry you are stressed, take some deep breaths and go hide somewhere...regroup Namaste !

DrKelli lucky you, another day without snow.   At least you have something to look forward too, I think I'm the only neighbor on the block that's actually home, everyone is somewhere warm.

I really don't have much to add, so hoping everyone is warm, and safe... this too shall pass!

Honored Contributor

I made it to my Power class today and the instructor came in with iPhone and an announcement that we were doing a group photo.  Uh huh.  I didn't even look up from my Kindle app and they did a group pic complete with the Reese's Peanut Butter cup she passed out to everyone.

Now I am going to be a killjoy here but I specifically stay away from that stuff because I don't do sugar.  It's a health gym.  You can't pass out raisins?  Cheaper and better for you with the same sugar rush.  And this supposed vegan tries to tells us it's the healthiest snack she could find because it has peanut butter in it.

If anyone believes there is natural peanut butter in a Reese's cup, I know you've never looked at the ingredient label. Apparently she had a whole bag before class because she was bouncing off the walls big time.  

They are still renovating the place.  They cleared the miniature golf area and they put in a BDSM contraption with all kinds of ropes and swings hanging from it.  I know that's what it looks like because I watched a recent View episode where an Air BNB got in trouble for having such a thing for people who like to get their freak on and they showed a pic.  Health toy or intimacy toy-you'd never know the difference.  We've got screaming Os available everywhere now in this place.  

They finally started painting the entrance and we have a white paint on the walls except where the sales people are.  They painted a dark sea green so that they look like they are inside a television set.  I guess that's to potentially livestream the new lovers entertainment area a few steps away.  No wonder enrollment is up.

The class was packed again today.  I just don't get it.  Adonis was front and center behind Nudie so he got a show.  She is slowly creeping back from hibernation.  Nothing to scream about but she was wearing leggings with colored cutouts.  Uh oh....

Uncle Vinny was back and he silently protested the removal of his Beatles biceps track.  Apparently Adonis requested something else.

I really hope these newbies go away.  I don't remember them ever lasting this long or growing from week to week.  My guess is the gym is overselling and with the parking situation at night, people have no choice but to come early to at least have a space for the car.  Thats what I did years ago and I think the world has caught on to the trick.

Anyway, I have a day off from work or a work from home day today.  I am going to see what a day of leisure is like.  Have a good day all!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  @Laura14, I have to remember that you’re an hour later than me but you’re still out very early girlfriend.  What time do you get there....five or earlier?  

Years, years ago, I worked for the telephone company downtown and right next to it was the Chicago Health Club and once in a while, I’d get out super early and workout, shower and run next door to work.  Usually, though, I workout on my lunch hour.  I weighed about 120 and thought I was fat, lol.  Without even dieting, I got down to 103-107 lbs.  I looked so good that I got pg with my twins, lol.

Looks like I’ll be going to Vegas sooner or later......yesterday my son got hurt on his job, tore his Achilles Tendon and had to be taken to the hospital.  Possible surgery.  (Last week my brother fell on ice and had surgery).  

At the end of April or beginning of May, he was supposed to take a month off work to help with the baby he and wife are having.  She’s high risk due to diabetes and is having a C section.  Now he can’t get around and she has doctor visits to keep.  In fact, she has one today.  And my granddaughter has a dentist visit (yeah, they started her early, way early.  She’s only one and a half).  Her sister in law has to take off work to take her to the doctor today but it’s going to be a big issue cause I’m sure she can’t do that every few weeks.

Anyway, I’d love to go help them with the doctor visits but I’m not good at finding my way around strange places.  My oldest son told me that all I have to do is use a GPS.  Apparently he doesn’t know me very well, lol.  I don’t drive any car but mine because I almost never get car sick in it.  I’ve never tried to use a GPS.  Funny how people think something is easy because it’s easy for them.

I don’t know who to feel worse for.....my son that might be facing surgery or my daughter in law that’s feeling scared being high risk pregnant.  Just two weeks ago, her doctor told her to not have sex or do heavy lifting.  My son has been doing everything!  If they had asked me, which they didn’t, I would have told them not to have another child because she had a hard time the first time.

Anyway, I told them I’d come for the birth and stay a week or so to help out.  I’d do the most good then.  Going now and staying until after the birth is not an option, too many months.  (Also, I feel that I have to be home to monitor my husband’s bad health habits, lol).  I’m glad my son wasn’t  hurt more than he was but this is a mess.  My daughter really should have gotten her license so that she could be more self sufficient.

Zumba! this morning.  I’ve been awake since 1:30 am so I definitely should be there by 8:15 this morning.  I think it was last week I got up too late.  Have a safe day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Tuesday class starts at 5am so I get there around 4:45am. Thursday it is 5:30 so about 5:15am.

I would suggest Uber if the DIL can't take herself. And don't feel guilty about doing what you can do. They'll figure it out. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Have fun at class.
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

Boy, do I have an update for you!  So yesterday morning, I got a sub request for Zumba next week.  I knew there was another sub for the week after that.  The 'new' instructor has been there 5 weeks, I've already subbed for her once and she has subs for the next two weeks, so she's taught all of 3 weeks (plus today makes 4).  I was looking at the schedule and there is no class on the 28th and then next week, there is a different dance fitness by the same broad who teaches on Sunday and doesn't get more than 2 or 3 people in class.  Again--I have the most people, why wouldn't they give the class back to me?

I think I am going to take a rest day today.  My shoulder is killing me today and there really isn't anything I want to do at the gym today since I won't take zumba.  Seriously, she lasted barely a month.

@Mmsfoxxie, just hang in there, Laura was right about Uber or Lyft.  And GPS is pretty easy--I'm not very tech savvy and I use it all the time when I'm traveling.

Waving @bopper@Laura14@RubyNoel and @JudyL

Hope you all have a great day!

Frequent Contributor

Good Morning, all!

Today I went into work late because of an appointment at the peridontistSmiley Mad  Not the best way to start a day, but my surgery site looked great six months post-op.  I'm skipping yoga tonight because it doesn't start until 6 pm and I want to spend the evening with my hubby.  Since I get off at 4:30 I will probably go to the gym and get done early.

Following in Laura 14 footsteps I have named a few of our gym peeps.  The "Boyfriend" is an Adonis type who thinks he is a gift to women.  He struts around and tries to offer weight lifting advice to the young ladies.  I'm waiting for the day one of them complains and he gets the boot!  Then there is Tom & Jerry. Tom & Jerry are work out buddies and you never see one without the other.  They're both very fit.  One is very tall and one is short.

Waving to all of you!!  Hope y'all do something good for your heart today Heart

RubyNoel