Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

@RubyNoel, there was a personal trainer at the gym I go to that was an Adonis type.  He was easy on the eyes, but his training style was ridiculous.  No one ever did anything while he was training them.  They literally sat on the floor and listened to him talk about his macros and liver function and whatever.  None of his clients were old broads like me, either.  They were all young and blond.  He would video other trainer's clients and then post it on insta or FB and point out their bad technique.  He eventually got fired because of it.

Respected Contributor

Happy Valentines Day everyone, I worked out this morning on TG, and some stretching on my reformer, bouncing on my rebounder.  Then had hair appt. at noon.  Supposed to get more snow this afternoon and the roads are supposed to get dicey.  Not going anywhere tonight.  Tomorrow is our annual Dog sled races beginning route is downtown, it's a 2 day event and people come from all over to watch it.  It's really cool watching those excited pups start the race...

We may go down and watch, depends on the weather and the road conditions.  I think this weekend if weather permits we have to shovel off the garage roof.  I noticed a few in the neighborhoods shoveling their roofs too.

Not much else going on here, have a lovely day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Beautiful day yesterday....upper forties.  Twenties today but that’s fine.

@DrKelli, I wonder if there’s something personal going on against you at that place.  You’d think they’d want an instructor that drew people to the classes.  I’m been to classes where people ease on out of class when they realize who will be instructing the class..   Embarrassing.

Thanks for the kind, uplifting words yesterday everybody.  I tend to get frazzled very easily.  My daughter in law send a video of him playing with his little girl and I felt better.  By the way, my granddaughter thought the boot he has to wear so funny, lol.  He’s trying to move around a lot to make sure he stays strong.

@bopper, getting snow off the roof sounds dangerous.  Be careful.  I know you’re in good shape, but........

Today I have Senior Cardio and walking the track at my fitness center.  Looking forward to it.  Hope everyone enjoys their day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie , it could be because I'm almost 60 and the instructor they brought in was in her 20s.  Yesterday I got an email thanking me 'soooo much' for subbing but they were going to put another dance class in that time slot because zumba 'just wasn't working in that time period".  You all would have been proud of me for not saying "it's been in that spot for 8 years--I've been dancing for almost 5.  It isn't the class--it's because our favorite instructor left and you think someone new will be just what it needs".  whatever.

I didn't do anything yesterday, but I have my private session today.  It's expensive, but it also keeps me accountable.  I'll probably go to PF over the 3 day weekend.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Getting ready to join Noah and the animals in the Ark this week.  It is supposed to start raining tonight and stop after about 8" this time next week.  This morning, it showed that tomorrow may be a dry spell during the day so I may try and sneak in my hike. 

My boss told me that they are not going to fix the leaky roof at work until Fall/Winter.  I told her that was fine.  When the ceiling caves in, we'll just get a new building and I'll own the place since it's above my head.   

Kind of really enjoyed my day off yesterday.  Since I have over two weeks left, I am going to start taking mental health days just like that.  I actually worked from home but it was nice to just get my cleaning and laundry done in between emails.  

Looking forward to the weekend.  I pulled some at home exercise programs and may get them going too. Have a great Friday!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 , are you leaving your current job?  Did you get something else?

Frequent Contributor

Boy do I need to go to the gym and sweat tonight!  I'm feeling easily agitated today and I'm thinking it's because my exercise was not great this week.  I'll go on the way home from work tonight.

Hope y'all have a great Friday and weekend.

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli   No I am still here.  Financially I really can't do anything else.  Unless you have a stellar paycheck, the working class can't afford anything anymore which is ridiculous.  I am going to try and wait it out, keep up my Pharmacy certification, until I get closer to 401K age.  Then I might tell these people what to do since they don't believe in raises and I have not had one for the past 4 years nor will I apparently ever get one.  

I did pick up a part time job with my BIL's company doing AP and I am also finally going to be brave enough to submit some of my writing out into the world and see if I can pick up some more income that way.  Got my hustle on!  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, all.  A beautiful brisk day on the horizon.

@Laura14 , reading your post brought OSHA to mind.  I’m surprised a company would put off safety.  Maybe you need to wear a wire when talking to them.  Oops, maybe that’s not legal, though.

@DrKelli , it wouldn’t surprise me if your age was indeed a factor, although 60 is not that old for working out.  My female Zumba instructor is 60ish and she has loads of energy.  One of her classes is 45 minutes (Thursday) and today’s class is 60 minutes.  And she always offers to throw in an extra routine before cool down.  IMO, the workplace quite often looks at age when hiring, promoting and trying to push you out the door when nearing retirement age.

Ok.....I have Zumba this morning and that’s probably all I’ll do.  I’m still not pushing myself as much as I was and I’m not happy about that.  I don’t mean that I want more intensity.....I need longer workouts when home.

I hope everyone will have a great weekend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I know! I honestly mentioned the ceiling caving in to make my point. It apparently didn't register. Between @DrKelli and I, we may own our employers with OSHA and the ACLU for her age discrimination. What BS!

I'm hoping the dry weather holds so I can go out to nature today. I made almond honey pancakes with dark chocolate and peanut butter for breakfast. I need a long walk. Have a great weekend all!