Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

I've been up since 1:30am waiting for my 5am class. Luckily I checked online right as I was about to get dressed and was surprised to see my classes are cancelled. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I woke up early but I had a wonderful 😴.

@Laura14, lucky you to find out before you left!  Twice I have went to workout and my facility was closed.  Power failure and no water.  I’m always online in the morning but if something happens a few minutes before I leave or on the way......wasted trip.  Stuff happens, 😔.

I really enjoyed my workout time yesterday!  I have the same instructor for the two classes I take on Monday and he is so funny that you almost forget you’re exercising.  In fact his first class is almost too popular.  You have to get there on time if you want ‘your’ spot.

This morning I’ll be doing Body & Sculpt at 9:30, Flexibility at 10:30 and lastly, Zumba at 11:30.  Usually, I only do 30 minutes of his class cause he’s more high energy (in other words crazy wild, 😂) than the lady instructor that I have for Zumba on Thursday and Saturday.  Love them both but their styles are different.  She’s easier on my feet and joints.

I hope you ladies have as nice a day as I have planned!  

Ta-ta. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I know @Mmsfoxxie!  Good thing I kept scrolling and it just happened to pop up.  Everyone was afraid of ice overnight here.  Work it out for me a little bit please.

My record player came yesterday so I am going to channel @DrKelli's playlist and do my own Zumba class tonight to Rod Stewart's greatest hits.  My current Power leg track is to his Hot Legs track so I already know one routine down pat.  LOL    

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

@Laura14, Hot Legs was my 'theme song' the year I graduated high school and was working at Dairy Queen (with most of my friends) that summer.  The stupid tunics were about thigh length and I always wore cutoffs that you couldn't see.  I had more than one customer ask me if I was wearing anything under my uniform.  I was so glad when we switched to t-shirts.

I did not work out today.  My back is wonky and I can't have it be worse on Thursday when I have to teach, so I decided to take today off.  I don't know what I did to it.  I've reached that age where I just don't know why it hurts, but it does.

Yesterday, the friend who called me last week and then ended up making his flight, called me again and was going to be in Colorado Wednesday -Friday this week and wanted to know if it was okay for him to extend until Sunday so he could come and visit.  I didn't want to be a jerk so I said it was fine with me (all the time thinking ******, I have a bunch of things that need to get done this weekend and now I have to make sure I have extra snacks and breakfast stuff and clean up the guest bedroom and change the sheets).  So last night, I gathered all the ****** that I had put on the bed and threw it in the 'office' and was going to go home and do the sheets tonight.  HOwever, this morning I got a text that he wouldn't be able to make it because his travel plans had changed.  I can't even tell you how excited I was about that.  I'm getting to the point that unless I've known you for 40 years, I don't really want to entertain you.

Hope you all  have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, I"m home!!!!!!!!!!   I did really good flying too!!!  Even hubby said much better than last year.   Weird thing is we got our plane, and when we landed we had to exit on the tarmax, get our bags from outside and walk the tarmax to inside the airport, then when we left yesterday, we had to go outside again to get on the plane and put our bag on the cart.  Even though I only had a backpack and carry on this isn't a big jet and my carry on won't fit above, that was fine though.   Hubby lost his new down vest on the security screening.  And DrKelli we were TSA prechecked also, and my son said it should be easy, well I was frisked!!!  Hubby knew I would be upset so when he put his stuff in the bins and his coat on the belt thing he took off the vest and then they also rifled through his carry on...and it flustered him and he left his vest...I felt bad for him.  Then the lady says to me "do you want a private room, I will be touching your groin  ..............   ( Insert surprise face)))   I said whatever just do it here.  And to think I was TSA prechecked!!!

The trip was nice, seeing my grandbaby, and son and DIL....drove to the mountains which is so beautufil.  DrKelli I was in your neck of the woods!!!  It was sunny every day upper 40's.  We opened Christmas presents on Sunday night and all in our jammies and watched Home Alone and Christmas Vacation.   When we left yesterday, ( Laura you will get a kick out of this) these 2 people, man and lady talked non stop and laughing loud and they didn't even know each other  ( they do now)  Hahaha,,,I didn't have ear plugs either and I know others were annoyed too.  I mean they didn't take a breath for 2 1/2 hours!!!   Then at the end they exchanged phone numbers and the guy proceeds to say " he's married and has kids"...Yikes!!!

We landed at 10:30 at night and had to drive 4 hours home, needless to say exhausted and had to keep hubby awake and watch for deer.   Logan was home as my son had brought him there for us, which we wanted so we had no choice but to drive home, Logan can't be alone for 24 hours and not have to go outside.   But it worked out okay, we hot home about 2:20 am...then hubby can go right to sleep, I'm still monkeying around at 3 am, I can't leave stuff in a dis-aray, it drives me nuts, then you can't find things you packed and think you lost it along the way....but I found them.

Anyways I did do lots of walking with baby's stroller, no gym workouts though and not today either, just too tired and need some down time.   I caught a cold from the baby, so now don't feel all great.  I swear I get sick every time we leave there.    It's so dry in their house, we're used to 50% humidity in our house in winter and run humidifiers in the living room and bedroom.  They have 1 in the baby's room and 1 in their room and I didn't have one, asked for one and he gets me one and it's broke and didn't work.  I had a sore throat each morning, and then started getting the dry nose and plugged feeling and now I have a cold...DrKelli do you run humidifiers at home or are you just used to it living there?  I told him his house is too dry, 25% is dry and that's what his said.  I said to them I believe you get colds more often with dry and warm air, of course "I don't know anything",,,so thought I better leave it at that.   I"m glad to be home, just taking it easy today, back at my TG tomorrow.

Everyone has been doing great and thank you for keeping each other inspired.

Respected Contributor

@bopper, I run a humidifier in the winter, mostly so I don't electrocute myself when I touch a light switch.  As soon as the windows can be open, I put the humidifier away.  And what you said about catching a cold if it is dry and warm is not true--colds are viruses, you catch a cold if you are exposed to the virus.  You cannot catch a cold by going outside with your hair wet either (my dad's favorite) or if your feet are cold.

As for pre-check--I have been patted down several times too.  It is a random selection (if you don't set off the alarm).  It's just part of travel these days. 

If you contact the lost and found at the airport about your husband's vest, they may be able to find it.

Honored Contributor

I thought I was the only one profiled at the airport?  @bopper  I am so sorry your husband lost his new vest.  I don't know if they do a charge send to you but maybe it's worth an email to the airport lost and found?  

Glad you had a great time and flying was no big deal.  It sounds like you had a nice visit.  I hope you feel better.  

I got my main gym day cancelled this morning so I am going to step up my game as well these next two days.  I'm already facing a two week cancellation once Christmas and New Years hit in a few weeks. 

Welcome home!!  

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Welcome Home!  Glad you had a good trip and safe travels.  I get Logan was glad to see you.  Hope you got lots of love from him.

Honored Contributor

Welcome back, @bopper!  Except for the airport situation, sounds like you enjoyed your trip.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I was up early again so I went to work.

Ran for a good half hour and made 5000 steps by 4am. Take that no gym classes yesterday.

I then collapsed and fell asleep for the next two hours. I now need to get my butt to work.

Hope you have a great Wednesday!