Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

@violet runner I am so sorry! Take a few rest days and you'll be back at it in no time. I have been fighting my foot for weeks now all because I won't slow down and get off my feet to let it heal. I need to take that advice too.

Hoping to be out walking after work this afternoon. I really wanted to go a couple times this week, but home stuff held me back. Once I am back at the office, it will be easy to just go and then come home so nothing deters me from my own agenda.

Taking the last of my files back this morning and then I'll be set as soon as the all clear by the inspectors is given and they get me a chair and internet. 

Have a good Friday all. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violet runner 

Oh crud...so sorry you are dealing with tendonitis. I've had it a few times in my ankle/foot and it was painful and annoying. Rest and ice, rest and ice. Resting is hard when you are used to being active. Hoping you have quick healing and can get back to hiking soon.

@Laura14 

Hope your office return continues to go well. 

I have been up since 2 am, ugh. Its going to be a long darn day. Not exactly sure what exercise I will get in today. Just have to see how the day rolls.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  just curious.. you don't have to share. What type of work do you do? 

Many businesses here in CO are bringing people back to the office.

Honored Contributor

@violet runner I am currently in the accounting/finance profession. 

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  so is my son.. but works for a University.. He was a teacher for many years and wanted to keep his pension growning so took the job that he could.  I am sure it doesn't pay as well as the private sector.

Honored Contributor

@violet runner I have had five or six owners (I have lost count) over the past 20 years so the pay stinks here as well. You are constantly starting over with someone else. I am very fortunate with my current living situation or I would have had to move a long time ago away from my family. 

Speaking of, my work day is coming to an end and I am off to hike. TGIF!  

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Grocery day here.   Then came home and did a 40 minute spin on the bike while watching baseball on TV and following along with my Peloton workout.   I'm doing pretty good with this new way of eating.  Anti-inflammatory diet. 

Cold here and even snow flurries today.   @violet runner so sorry about your recovery.

@Laura14 I hope you enjoyed your hike today!  You certainly don't let the grass grow under your feet haha!

Enjoy your night everyone!

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

The past two mornings have been very cold with clear blue skies. I have gone on short walks early in the morning, then cubii through the day and then some heavy gardening for a couple of hours. Jack gets very anxious if I am gone for very long, so I have to keep calling or popping my head in to let him know I am fine. I do understand his concern, but it's hard to complete projects quickly.

It seems to me my bite wound is healing just fine. There wasn't much pain today. Yay!

@Laura14 

I also vote (not that you asked, lol) for you to splurge on an office fridge. Great to keep your lunches well chilled and to have a nice stock of your favorite beverages handy.

@JudyL 

Hope your healing up and are able to move around easier. 

@violet runner 

I know all about overdoing...so listen to your doc and your body so you can sustain your healing.

@bopper 

Slow and steady...you can do this. 

Thank you!!!  I'm not a quitter!

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everybody!  Beautiful day today.

I've been doing light arm weights two or three times a week.  Doing arm exercises a lot but not with weights.  Arms at my age get flabby when they get smaller and I think that's where the term 'bat wings' came from.  Sad that the only thing I see smaller on me looks worse instead of better.

Dental appointment and ophthalmologist appointments this past week.  Gums are not doing well so I have to use this awful tasting antiseptic rinse twice a day....ughh!  My cataracts are bad but there is a change towards the wrong direction.  I hadn't realized that I hadn't had a checkup since February of 2023 when I was supposed to go every six months. Blindness from glaucoma is in my family so I never would have gone for over a year without having my eye pressure checked and a visual field done.

As you can see, I have nothing exciting to say, lol.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday,

I browsed my Walmart for my upcoming first day back in the office Monday. It's like back to school! 😂

I bought myself a cheap Keurig as an office warming gift to myself. I don't drink coffee, but I do use it for tea and this one has an iced function for ice tea too. I can fill up my tumbler before I head to the park upon leaving for the day. It was only $60 so I did it.

I can have drinks at my desk all day and then fill up my water bottle before I go hiking. That was the one thing I was going to miss not being home anymore. Drinks when you want them without lugging a cooler back and forth. 

I also bought a couple small desk accessories to personalize my new space a bit. Getting excited! Remind me when I am complaining about the hours dragging by next month. 😂

It is over 80 degrees again today. Sweat city! I did a walk around the block with my kindle and a bit of cycling while playing my word games. I need to get back to a real routine with my fitness classes again at home too. I bought a pair of new shorts at Walmart just to see if I like them since it's already almost too hot for leggings some days. 

I am off to meal prep. I need lots of lunches to bring in now and, with the warm weather, let salad season begin.

I'll be making my almond butter for my apples, roasted vegetables, fry bread, chopped salad and almond flour crackers. Time to stock the fridge. 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Enjoy!