Super Contributor

An elderly aunt wants to take a multi-vitamin but can't swallow huge pills. Cutting them up doesn't work for her either, says edges are too sharp. I know she won't go thru the trouble of using a pill crusher. Do you know of any multi-vitamins that are soft gel or come in liquid form?

Honored Contributor

Lots of brands make chewable vitamins. Centrum has an orange flavored one. Maybe that would work for her.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Honored Contributor

Lots that are the gummie type too.

Frequent Contributor

Not all multi's are gigantic pills. Walgreens has their own brand. They're tiny red tablets, like the old One-A-Day type. They're so small there should be no trouble swallowing. Or the gummies, as was mentioned.

Super Contributor

Thanks for these ideas! I know she's bought vitamins before, in brown bottles and couldn't see the size of the pills til she opened them. Don't want to go thru that again.

Esteemed Contributor

I recommend the Gummie type, I take them and you can buy a huge jar of them at Sam's Club or Costco, they taste good too. The only way I could get #2 son to take a vitamin, and he has these for years and years.... good luck~!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Thanks! Costco is a good idea. I'll look for them there.

Respected Contributor

I like gummies because they are better digested because a chunk of it is already digested when you chew them up, so the stomach doesn't have to work so hard to break them down. It would also be a great way for her to get her calcium, B vitamins, hair/skin/nails, and many different kinds of vitamins these days!