Honored Contributor

We have a severe viral stomach bug running around central Pennsylvania.  It's a really bad strain that can last as long as two weeks, which is quite a long time  compared to the .24 hour variety.

it's bad enough to keep people in bed with nausea, aches, fatigue and gastro problems. Doctors say it is spreading like wildfire.

Wash your hands often and try to stay healthy.

Respected Contributor

Hopefully it stays in PA!  Doesn't sound good, especially for the elderly.

Trusted Contributor

I am just finally getting over...what the doctor said was a viral infection (I live in Peoria Arizona) . No gastrointestinal issues, however EXTREME weakness and enlarged lymph nodes in neck.  All labs normal.  Lasted at least 2 weeks.  Docctor said her son-in-law had same thing, however it only lasted for him 4 days.  

Definately wash hands and be careful!!  Good luck to all.

Esteemed Contributor

Its been in the Chicagoland area for a while.

Trusted Contributor

I have a special germicidal soap that I was required to use prior to my recent Total Hip Replacement. I think I'll use it for a while until this viral bug passes.  I live in Phx, AZ.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

We have a severe viral stomach bug running around central Pennsylvania.  It's a really bad strain that can last as long as two weeks, which is quite a long time  compared to the .24 hour variety.

it's bad enough to keep people in bed with nausea, aches, fatigue and gastro problems. Doctors say it is spreading like wildfire.

Wash your hands often and try to stay healthy.

Thought it was a stomach bug that my husband had, he had those symptoms.  When I found him writhing in pain because it had traveled up his back into his shoulder I called 911.  CTscan showed he had a really angry, ticked off, infected and abcessed gallbladder.

Honored Contributor
Last week entire family Son DIL Grandchildren! Hit with bug!! Passed me by, Not sure why? Not complaining. Felt so bad for my family. This one is severe. Be warned!!
Respected Contributor

Oh nuts! We were at our beachhouse all weekend (ocean city, md) and we are overrun with people from PA.  We were all over town and I hope the intense heat killed it!! Uggh hate a stomach virus.

Honored Contributor

I had something about three weeks ago that was like norovirus without the barfing, just the lower GI issues. It lasted a good 6-7 days and I thought it would never leave. I've never had anything like it before. Ugh!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I believe theses virus are from foreign travelers and general travel.We have not much immunity to new stomach bugs and flu strains.I remember when flu was just during the winter and now it seems to be year round.I don't eat out often and wash my hands often to stay as flu free as possible.