Trusted Contributor

Ugh my vertigo is at it again. I’ve been good for so long. Why does this happen? Just out of the blue. Any ideas?

Occasional Contributor

Could allergies be causing fluid buildup?

Respected Contributor

I don't know but it is awful when it hits. I have had it several times & hate it.

Trusted Contributor

@KCDiva 

Mine comes & goes as well. I sympathize with you. I was told mine was caused by an inner ear condition. Getting out of bed too fast can cause it. Ear infections, wax build-up or sinus issues can also bring it on. 

Did you ever try the Epley maneuver? 

Honored Contributor

For me, being out in the wind does it. It can be 70 degrees out and I need ear muffs.

Honored Contributor

I had a very mild case of it that lasted about a week several years ago. I was just a little bit unsteady and dizzy but it wasn't too bad.

However about a month ago one night as I was getting ready to go into bed I tapped my forehead to see if I left a clip in my hair when washing my face....OMG!  Suddenly everything was spinning!  It scared the cr@p out of me!  I found that if I stayed still in one position I was okay but when I turned over in bed everything would spin again.

After a restless night's sleep I was okay the following day but scared and spoke with my PCD.  He really didn't give me much of an answer but said it could be due to an inner ear issue or allergies.  Thank goodness it hasn't returned but was so uncomfortable and scary that I feel for those who get it often.

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbor had bad vertigo and I had seen a sign in my audiologist's office that he treats it. 
  I don't know what he did but the neighbor is better.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you are experiencing this, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone. First time for me was 2 years ago -- doc called it a virus, inner ear infection. He warned me against returning vertigo; blowing winds, getting up and down too quickly, allergies. Everything you all mentioned. Good luck.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Could it have anything to do with the barometric pressure. I get migraines and I can tell a big difference when we get a front, or the weather starts changing.

I wonder if allergy medicine could help you? Or an ear nose and throat dr. maybe?

Super Contributor

I have had trouble with vertigo over the years and I was diagnosed with Labyrinthitis. A virus attacks the Labyrinth organ in the ear. If you have it once, you are more likely to get it again. Some people never get it. They can give you medicine for the vertigo but the virus has to run its course.