Respected Contributor

My Doctor Online

[ Edited ]

I had my first video doctor visit this afternoon. It was my annual Medicare visit. I had to download the app, then login and get the video. The picture was fine but the audio on the doctor's end was not good. So she phoned me and we talked on the phone while viewing on my ipad. Of course, we talked about the corona virus. I told her I did not plan to go out much even when the governor releases the shelter in place. She said that was a good plan until there is a good treatment or a vaccine. So I am in this for the long haul. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady    You're going to have a lot of company.  If you don't have to go out, it's the prudent thing to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had a telehealth appt with my doctor a few weeks ago. It went flawlessly. What a great option. It saved us at least a 2 hour trip!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

My doctor's office called this morning to move an appt. because doc will be out of the office.  I told her honestly that I don't feel comfortable coming into the office.  She seemed very relieved and asked if I could download the phone app for an appointment.  I explained I gave up my cell phone because it just plain doesn't work here.  She said well, can we call you on this line?  Meaning my land line.  Of course, I said. I'm also one hour away from his office.

Esteemed Contributor

I also will be receiving a phone call from a Cardiologist. They asked if I wanted Video and I said no so it will be a phone call and then after the call, he would decide if I should come in.

Nothing is wrong but I wanted a Stress Test but I guess I would have to wait on that.

Quess they can´t do the phone or video call with a mammogram so I have an appointment for the beginning of June.

Honored Contributor
I need to see ophthalmologist for eye exam and ENT for hearing test and exam ... two things I can only do in person. I don’t have dentist appt until August.