Honored Contributor

They need to get the people that work at nursing homes,and residences,also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

There is an important meeting of health professionals on Tuesday to decide the priorities for vaccines distribution (most likely health care workers and the elderly in group settings will be among the first candidates.  I also read (last night) that Pfizer is already preparing to fly huge loads of vaccine to staging points this week.  They got a waiver to fly with 5x the usual limit of dry ice on a plane.  Another interesting point is that Fire Stations and car washes ( they're heated)may be included as distribution points. Post Office trucks may be used as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz 

Im sorry, I'm not understanding.  I've read about the need for refrigeration but what does heating have to do with it?  and why car washes?  I'm confused.

@patbz wrote:

There is an important meeting of health professionals on Tuesday to decide the priorities for vaccines distribution (most likely health care workers and the elderly in group settings will be among the first candidates.  I also read (last night) that Pfizer is already preparing to fly huge loads of vaccine to staging points this week.  They got a waiver to fly with 5x the usual limit of dry ice on a plane.  Another interesting point is that Fire Stations and car washes ( they're heated)may be included as distribution points. Post Office trucks may be used as well.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vaccine Distribution

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags :  I don't know for certain but all I can think of is people would be more comfortable during Winter months in a climate controlled setting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom 

My sis is a nurse in NJ and was told by her hospital to expect to get a vaccination some time in December.

Not sure what their information source is, but she'll have to take it and is ready to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Wsmom 

My sis is a nurse in NJ and was told by her hospital to expect to get a vaccination some time in December.

Not sure what their information source is, but she'll have to take it and is ready to do so.

Thanks for the info, @Witchy Woman .  It will be intersting ot see what ends up happening here.

Respected Contributor

Here's a link to a CNBC article entitled "Doctors say CDC should warn people the side effects from Covid vaccine shots won’t be ‘a walk in the park’".  I am posting this as a courtesy for those who wish to take the vaccine, or who will be mandated to take it as a condition of employment. If all hospital or nursing home staff are compelled to take it the same day, what will happen if everyone needs to call out sick the next day?   

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/covid-vaccine-cdc-should-warn-people-the-side-effects-from-shots-won...

From the article, "One North Carolina woman in the Moderna study who is in her 50s said she didn’t experience a fever but suffered a bad migraine that left her drained for a day and unable to focus. She said she woke up the next day feeling better after taking Excedrin but added that Moderna may need to tell people to take a day off after a second dose.

“If this proves to work, people are going to have to toughen up,” she said. “The first dose is no big deal. And then the second dose will definitely put you down for the day for sure. ... You will need to take a day off after the second dose.”"

Esteemed Contributor

Well, @ALRATIBA, if I want news regarding my town or county, I trust the local news.  Believe me, no national news broadcast is going to report on my out-of-the-way corner of the country.   

Our local news reported that our state will only receive about 1/2 the number of doses that is needed for all the doctors, nurses, and medical staff in our state.  I guess they'll have to draw straws to see who gets a vaccination!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor
I hope first responders and teachers are among the first getting it also. My son is a first responder and is out there everyday with people I assure you are not wearing masks or cleaning their hands! Teachers have been required to back to work inside schools....they have a low chance of getting it from kids but they certainly can get it from co-workers.
Regular Contributor

Re: Vaccine Distribution

[ Edited ]

FYI..........today's New York Times, has an article, in the Sunday Review section: Find Your Place in the Vaccine Line. Enter: age, city, and it will tell you what number you are in line for a vaccine.