Respected Contributor

Re: Users Complain Of Rashes From Fitbit Charge and Fitbit Surge, Told To Air Out Their Wrists

On 2/14/2015 The Bird said:

I developed a rash from my Flex and haven't used it for 2 months. Smiley Sad

- Bird

I've seen lots of reports of this from the different wrist band wearers and it was before the newer ones like Apple were known to be in the works.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Re: Users Complain Of Rashes From Fitbit Charge and Fitbit Surge, Told To Air Out Their Wrists

At first I thought the device needed to be in contact with skin to be able to read correctly and I wore it tighter than I should have. Once I realized it did not need to contact the skin, I now wear it like a bangle bracelet (very loose). A friend of mine has a very large wrist and the largest band was too small. She showed me a very bad sore right where the device rubbed. I think it just needs to be emphasized that the bracelet should fit very loosely.

Honored Contributor

Hi dBd!

I was just writing about that! Our local consumer reporter has been following the problems for months. The rash gets really bad for people, they've been showing it on TV, up close and personal.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 Pagan said:

Anything made of plastic/silicon/rubber worn tight on your wrist like this is going to have that effect.

It's because the skin can't breathe. There's nothing sinister going on.

The cynic in me suspects there'll be a lot more of these complaints in the run up to the Apple watch launch as buyer's remorse sets in and people try to get their money back.

The people reporting the rash on our local news were not wearing it tightly. They made a point of that, especially when they tried the new one and still got a rash.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

I don't like rubber or silicone on my skin- I would not like a fitbit, just like I don't like the wrist things that you get from charity events. My niece likes to make me braided rubber band bracelets - it's the thought that counts. I have my clients take off all their jewlery before they wash their hands and make sure they dry their hands really well before putting ANY jewelry back on- I've gotten a rash on my ring finger when I didn't take my ring off before getting my hands wet.

Esteemed Contributor

No problems with rash. I have problems making the band snap closed. I wear mine night and day and shower in it.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Some people are just allergic to exercise! Kidding!

Super Contributor

Some people who washed theirs wrists and kept

them dry and followed all instructions ..STILL got

a fungus on their wrists...

Super Contributor