Contributor

Update on my Varicose Vein problem

Yesterday my doctor did an ultrasound on both legs. It indicated the valves in my veins aren't opening and closing . My right leg stays swollen most days and that's the leg that he is treating. I have to wear a stocking that goes up to my mid thigh for 6 weeks. Of course I had to get a special fitting because my legs are out of proportion (fat thigh)! After the 6 weeks he said if the stocking had not helped, I can have a Closure procedure done. He explained it to me and it didn't sound bad. I just hope I can tolerate the stocking!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Update on my Varicose Vein problem

The support of the stocking should help considerably with your swelling and discomfort, I don't think you'll have any problem tolerating it, hopefully it will work well for you. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

My sister has vein issues and sleeps in her stockings , she loves hers and said it makes her legs feel so much better.
Contributor

I survived my first day in my ugly stocking. It was as bad as I thought it would be. Tomorrow I have to leave my house wearing it. That should be interesting.
Honored Contributor

My husband had the closure done last Feb, he is a 59 year old male with many leg issues due it a car accident over 30 years ago

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Usetobe was it a big deal? My doctor said it wouldn't slow me down. That I would continue my day as normal after the procedure. I'm 57 and still work.
Honored Contributor

On 6/25/2014 Grammy75 said: Usetobe was it a big deal? My doctor said it wouldn't slow me down. That I would continue my day as normal after the procedure. I'm 57 and still work.

It did not slow him down for one second, he was driving the next day and wore the supportive stockings for 6-8 weeks which was fine since we had a horrible winter here in the Northeast

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Ok thanks! I'm in Texas and it's so hot here. That's one reason I dread wearing the stocking. Plus, it doesn't look very good when I wear shorts, capris or a dress. Thanks for sharing!
Honored Contributor

Try taking Diosmin supplement daily.