Esteemed Contributor
I can’t find a answer to this but I was wondering for best results do I take this without food for best results. I am on Taultz and it causing me to get itchy skin rashes from a over growth of yeast and want to see if this will help.
Respected Contributor

The paperwork that comes with the prescription should say whether ot not to take with food.  If not, I would call my doctor's office or the pharmacy and ask.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday - I take Ultimate Friendly Flora every day after I eat in the morning along with the rest of my vitamins.  I very rarely take any supplements on an empty stomach unless the directions say so.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

The paperwork that comes with the prescription should say whether ot not to take with food.  If not, I would call my doctor's office or the pharmacy and ask.

It’s not a prescription. It’s andrew Lessman probiotic. I need to know if I should take it on a empty stomach for best results.

Respected Contributor

Oh, sorry....I assumed it was a prescription.

Valued Contributor

Andrew Lessman says it is best to take supplements with food, before or after a meal. They are absorbed best in the presence of food.

Esteemed Contributor

@gtx wrote:

Andrew Lessman says it is best to take supplements with food, before or after a meal. They are absorbed best in the presence of food.

Is it true you should take it with a food rich in prebiotics?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

After close to 2 decades reading and contributing to this Wellness forum, at times I am flummoxed. I read titles of threads that I have no idea what is being asked. Names of things I have never heard of in all these years.

Many seem to be the name of a latest and or fastest way to get skinny or the name of the latest supplement that is suppose to do?  Weight loss books/programs I get, but supplements that do exactly what, or for the human body? And how and in what way can that be measured? Blood testing/sense of feeling better/body functions working better?

I have no clue, but I am guessing many are purchasing these enough to talk about them here. Most of them I read just enough of the post to know what the "word" means, and then move on.

I take supplements, but only those that can show up in blood readings, and in which my body is on the low side of it. Others are done via other forms of medical testing, such as EF of the heart/Maximal Treadmill Stress Testing/Respiratory/Pulmonary Testing, and a few other metrics of measurements.

Been around long enough to know the "placebo effect". If a person takes something they believe is helping them feel better, great! But when it turns out to be no a "nothing pill or drink"?  Placebo! If one is willing to spend money on some things that have no way of being physically measured.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ultimate Friendly Flora

[ Edited ]

I would take with food.

Honored Contributor

I read online how to take probiotics. It says to take on empty stomach. I tried to take Andrew's UFF on an empty stomach & it's a no for me. My stomach was messed up. I can't even drink water on an empty stomach. I take mine in the morning after I eat a little something for breakfast like granola cereal, slice of toast with peanut butter or banana.