Honored Contributor

I do believe cranberry juice is beneficial; I drink one large glass daily, along with 4 bottles of water.   When I know I have a UTI, I drink two glasses of cranberry juice daily, but also have to monitor my blood sugar and make adjustments with my food, or my insulin, in order to keep my readings in normal limits.   

Are you absolutely sure you have a UTI each time?   I am a long time carrier of Strep B in my urine.   Therefore anytime I have a routine urinalysis done, it shows positive for Strep B, and I am falsely diagnosed with a UTI.   A carrier will always test positive for Strep B, but I do not always have a UTI.  My urine has to be cultured to determine whether I actually have a UTI.   You have no idea how many times I have argued with my doctors offices and had to re submit urine samples for cultures, because the office ordered the wrong test.   

Cranberry supplements are also available, and work very well for my trucker daughter who has frequent mild UTI's due to holding her urine too long.   

Respected Contributor

When I was younger I noticed that if I didn't drink enough water I would get them. I drank a lot of Sprite and it never failed if I drank too much and not enough crystal lite or something not carbonated I would get one. 

Valued Contributor

The  associate from the Vitamin Shoppe had told me to take a teaspoon of D Mannose powder everyday as a preventive for UTI's. D Mannose is a simple sugar that is supposed to help bacteria not to stick to the bladder. Once my UTI was gone, I didn't keep up with it in full honesty.

Honored Contributor

probiotics and greek yogurt with active cultures

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

The  associate from the Vitamin Shoppe had told me to take a teaspoon of D Mannose powder everyday as a preventive for UTI's. D Mannose is a simple sugar that is supposed to help bacteria not to stick to the bladder. Once my UTI was gone, I didn't keep up with it in full honesty.

My mom and I use this and it works for us. A teaspoon with water. Read the reviews on Amazon.

Floral Pillow
Trusted Contributor

Wow thank you for all the suggestions and input. I am going to take this round of antibiotics and try some supplements &/or cranberry juice. Next time I go to the Dr. I will bring up the possibility of type 2 diabetes. I am on medication for metabolic syndrome. I take hormones via the patch and have been for years. I 100% do not drink enough water. The whole UTI thing has just come about in the last 2 years. If I have another problem I am going to go see a urologist I guess. I am going to try some of these preventative measures though. Thank you all so much. 

Valued Contributor

The concentrated Cranberry Juice from Puritan's Pride and diy wipes made from Johnson's Head to Toe and tree tea wipes.  Whenever I feel smptoms, I take 2 Tblsp of the cranberry juice followed by large amounts of water.  It has been amazing; I did not want to be dependent on the antibiotic. 

Valued Contributor

When I hit memopause, it was such a recurring problem.  The cranberry without sugar is the only way to go.  Sugar makes the situation worse.  I use the concentrate cranberry from Puritans Pride.

Valued Contributor

I prefer Azo. There are different products for different issues. I don't have them often, but Azo is always my first OTC treatment.

Honored Contributor

I take Andrew Lessman's Ultimate Friendly Flora and Cranberry Extracts every day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN