Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPDATE - post re: dr billing wrong

Medical billing errors are so time consuming to try and get corrected. Going thru similar myself and have learned to get names and save emails. Bad enough to go thru the medical procedure(s), but then to have to bird dog every bill...sigh. Glad you were able to get this one corrected.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Did you ever wonder how many items are coded incorrectly, but just "get paid" so we never question them?

I have a Doctor friend who went to a 'class' to learn how to code to the codes that pay the most for the same procedure!  

It's not all black and white!

We only question if it affects our pocket book!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   I know it is no consolation but at least they can cure pneumonia with antibiotics!  Hope he stays well for the holiday seasons coming soon!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills  I had a friend who was an OBGYN in Florida with his own practice. His wife was in charged of everything because she didn't trust anyone.

There were problems with the Billing and an audit was done. She blamed it on coding and I must say it involved a large amount of money over the years.

He couldn't practice in Florida anymore and had to move to NY where he got a job at a hospital. That was the end of the marriage. It was all about money for her.

@homedecor1  we'll never know how often it's happened at that office.  Only when someone questions it, it's always blamed on Coding.