Super Contributor

Two Fitbit Flexes, Two Accounts ,One Computer possible?

I recently bought Fitbit Flex and it is synced with my computer and IPad. Now my husband wants one too. He has IPad but no computer, so will share my computer port. Since we will have 2 different accts and would have separate dongles is this possible, or will it put all the data in one acct? We recently had same situation with 2 IPods and that isn't working out too well...Just would like to know if possible before we buy another Fitbit. Thank you, Susi.
Respected Contributor

Re: Two Fitbit Flexes, Two Accounts ,One Computer possible?

Yes. I believe you would set up another account under a diff e mail or user name. It's not like the iPod. There's always a problem with that. I believe the dongle is just for connectivity.
Super Contributor

Thank you Mc Call. So would we just keep the dongles separate , and plug in whenever we want to sync our bands and get latest activity? Or is the dongle a universal connector? As long as two accounts are synced to one computer initially, the data will get to the right dashboard? The Ipod fiasco is still giving me trouble.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 7/2/2014 Susic said: I recently bought Fitbit Flex and it is synced with my computer and IPad. Now my husband wants one too. He has IPad but no computer, so will share my computer port. Since we will have 2 different accts and would have separate dongles is this possible, or will it put all the data in one acct? We recently had same situation with 2 IPods and that isn't working out too well...Just would like to know if possible before we buy another Fitbit. Thank you, Susi.

Did you try the community boards there, there appear to be some FBit staff who answer questions there.

logically if you log in to your account then log out, the 2nd person should be able to log in and out on the same computer, but computers aren't always logical.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Help-Forums/ct-p/product

Contributor

We have two fitbit ones, we use the same computer and the same dongle. We only use that to charge the Ones. Most of our stuff done thru apps. On the computer you just sign in individually to you account. Enjoy!
Respected Contributor

With a 3 second google, I found your answer. Yes, you can use two fitbits with one computer and one dongle. Each Fitbit has it's unique ID number. You must have two different emails with individual fitbit accounts. Here is the link.

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/176073-can-multiple-fitbit-trackers-be-used-in-the...-

Super Contributor

Yes, thank you all for posting replies! I did find several forums and the Fitbit site community help forum which all agree it is doable . Will purchase tomorrow and hope for better results than I have had with the two Ipod shuffles I synced thru same computer. I am afraid to charge up my Ipod and find that 200 of the husband's country western songs have migrated to my Ipod. Somehow 4 of my songs went to his Ipod. Then ITunes wouldn't let me download a new song for 90 more days. Even though I used different passwords and accts, I think it went to husbands Ipod.Not sure what that is all about, but can live with that. Just didn't want to mess up my Fitbit info. thanks again, Susi
Respected Contributor

Yes the iPods are a pain. If you use one computer you get all mixed up. My husband got all my grandsons music using our computer. It was a mess and nothing my husband wanted to hear!!! Lol
Esteemed Contributor

I had a fitbit pin style synced to my computer and iphone. Unfortunately, it got washed in the washer and died. I want to buy another but I don't to do a new email just for that. Can I cancel the old account somehow and sign up the new one? TIA.

Respected Contributor

On 7/2/2014 BeckiWV said:

I had a fitbit pin style synced to my computer and iphone. Unfortunately, it got washed in the washer and died. I want to buy another but I don't to do a new email just for that. Can I cancel the old account somehow and sign up the new one? TIA.

</ I believe each fit bit has its own unique code when you pair it with your computer. I've been using my app and my old one was the One Fitbit. It got washed also. When I got my flex I just hit the pix of the flex and it was paired with my app. So I think it's pretty easy