Respected Contributor

i've read your responses, done some more research and I think Spanx would be a better investment.  I hadn't considered how painful and long the recovery is, so...no. Spanx it is! :-)

Trusted Contributor
We live in the Midwest. My niece got one about 5 years ago and it was $10k. I'd love a tummy tuck too but I would prefer a face lift.
Esteemed Contributor

I´ve heard of CoolSculpting over the past few years. Some reviews said it´s easier than having a tummy tuck. They can freeze the fat from anywhere on your body.

Others complained that they had problems with the procedure.

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I would love to get one but I'd like to have a ballpark guess of what I might expect to pay. I have a couple of conditions that might make it impossible for any surgeon in his right mind to operate on me, but on the chance someone would consent to work on me, I'd like to have some idea of what it might cost.

If it matters, I'm 25-30 lbs overweight and it's all in my gut.

TIA

Have you considered gastric bypass procedure? 

Trusted Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

I would love to get one but I'd like to have a ballpark guess of what I might expect to pay. I have a couple of conditions that might make it impossible for any surgeon in his right mind to operate on me, but on the chance someone would consent to work on me, I'd like to have some idea of what it might cost.

TIA

Gastric bypass for 25-30 excess pounds?   That seems a little drastic.   I don't know that any reputable surgeon would operate for such a small amount of weight to lose. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Tummy tuck?

[ Edited ]

@Shaunac wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

TIA

Gastric bypass for 25-30 excess pounds?   That seems a little drastic.   I don't know that any reputable surgeon would operate for such a small amount of weight to lose. 

Usually, Gastric bypass surgery is done for morbidly obese patients. At least 100 pounds overweight. I follow several young(20 -30 yr olds) on Instagram who I've watched lose weight(100 pounds or more, Naturally with diet and exercise) and then have a Tummy Tuck. (they document everything on their weight loss journeys) They come home in a lot of pain and two or three drains. They all have recovered in about 6 - 8 weeks. One just had her third baby. I believe it was within a year of her tummy tuck. Again, they are young women and heal faster with a quicker recovery time! One said her insurance covered it due to the muscle repair that she needed. She said the muscle separation was caused by her pregnancies. If you have medical conditions that would prevent most surgeons from doing the procedure and you find one that will...I'd stay as far away from him as possible! Any and all elective surgeries can be risky! As we get older, it's even more so! There are lots of things to consider besides the cost! Age, where it's done, doctors experience and expertise, general health, etc.. Good luck!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

TIA

Add to that the fact that surgeons usually require--or used to require--bypass patients to lose weight prior to surgery. I don't know if that was to show that they were able and willing to cut down, which they'd be forced to do post-bypass, but I always thought that if they could lose those 15, 25 pounds, why didn't they continue on with the weight loss and postpone or cancel the surgery? But back to the weight loss requirement, by the time the OP had done that, she might no longer be overweight, much less obese.

I say embrace your tum. I do. It brings me into alignment with my cats, who have primordial pouches--male and female alike. I draw the line at whiskers, however. Cat LOL