Valued Contributor

Has anybody here experienced side effects from using Tresiba?  (It's a long acting insuline for use by diabetics.)

If you use it, how do you like it?

Honored Contributor

It is, as you say, a long-acting insulin similar to many others on the market - promoted as "extremely long-acting" vs just "long acting." It would only have the side effects every other insulin has, i.e. possibility of low blood sugar, injection site issues or possible skin rash. It's the same as any insulin, which in general has much fewer side effects than the medications that work the liver, midneys and pancreas. This medication seems to cause slightly lower incidences of hypoglycemia vs another common type (from an American Diabetes Association article).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I switched to it from Lantus last month and have been happy with it so far.  I have had no negative side effects.

Honored Contributor

We learned in diabetes class about the potential and very serious side effects of all the new drugs they are coming out with for diabetes. I recommend you discuss this carefully with your doctor. Ask him for the statistics on the side effects and then decide if you want to proceed.