Super Contributor

Re: Treadmill Shoes w/Support

Thanks everyone ... and John, you are amazing as usual! Injury is finally much better today after icing and several doses of arnica gel.

Super Contributor

I actually do walk on the treadmill in Skechers Go Walks and have not had any issues. However, I will certainly be paying attention to my feet now that I am aware of a potential problem.
Respected Contributor

I would go to a running store and tell them exactly what you do for exercise. Get the properly fitted shoe. This could make a difference between injury and no injury. It is not worth taking the risk of getting hurt. This is usually a free service. The shoes may be a bit more but it will save you in the long run.

Deb

Respected Contributor

I love the Vionics sold here, and frequently on special when they have a TSV. They are by far the most comfortable walking shoes I've bought. (I have a low, flat arch. If you have a high arch, your results may vary.)

I used to like the Rykas, but Vionics seem to be far more comfortable.

New Balance certainly are also good, as others have remarked.

Respected Contributor

Do you have a Run On store in your area...they do shoe fittings so you are using the proper shoe for your foot/gait.....what shoe works for one person doesn't mean it works for your feet.....my husband wears Nike but I can't get them to fit my heel properly....I prefer the Addidas brand....if you can find a store that does shoe fitting....do it....and then once you find the shoe/brand/style that works for you - stick with it....and remember running shoes/sneakers wear out.