Occasional Contributor
Does anyone know how thick the padding is on the Total Gym elite? I have an older model that has hardly any padding on it that makes it very uncomfortable. I am thinking of upgrading to this model but I can't find anywhere how thick the padding is. I even called customer service and they couldn't find the information either. If anyone has this model I would appreciate any information that you could give. Thanks in advance.
Respected Contributor

Re: Total Gym Elite question

It doesn't look any thicker, I use an exercise mat on top of mine. I cut it down to fit and even made a head rest.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

Do they have a forum of their customers & users who might know details about it?

Valued Contributor

I think you are referring to a "made for Q" model of Total Gym. I recently purchased a Total Gym Fit model direct from Total Gym and compared it to a friend's model that she bought from QVC. Night and day. I guess one does get what they pay for in this case because I paid way more for mine than she did for hers. The pad on mine is really thick and totally comfortable; hers not so much -- and she hates that. Don't know the exact measurements/thickness of hers, but I will say that that it is just one of the huge differences I saw between the made-for-Q model and the models sold by Total Gym.

Honored Contributor

Can't answer this for you. I I have had my total gym 2000 for at least around 20 years and I have never had an issue with the padding that came on this unit. I but this from QVC when it was a TSV years ago. the presentation that I saw of this model Rosie said that it had tucker padding then some other models. What that means, your guess is as good as mine.On my model Total Gym there really are not many pressure points that I have found. I know I would not spend any money if this is a concern for you.I am assuming there are no reviews on this model. If your only problem with your present model is this I would try to improvise something that will help, or even eliminate it completely.
hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your responses. I just got off phone with total gym and they weren't able to find the answer!!!! I'll have to search some more on these boards when I get time. (And yes, I was referring to the elite model on QVC. Sorry-I forgot to specify.Ooops)