Esteemed Contributor

Another thought would be to just stop all toothpaste for a few weeks to prove one way or the other about the GERD.

Check with your dentist, but I know you can stop for a rafting trip or backpacking.

If you are concerned about fluoride, they can do that coating for you.

Honored Contributor

I found an article all about this. If you search on

My White Whale: A List of Non-Mint Fluoridated Adult Toothpastes

you should be able to find it. Sounds like there are a lot to choose from. The article is from 2020 so it is fairly recent.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I use Tom's toothpaste.. cinnamon clove.. That may aggravate too.. or not!

Valued Contributor

Re: Toothpaste without Mint

[ Edited ]

I have an autoimmune condition that causes mouth sores.  I use 3M Clinpro 5000 Bubble gum Flavor.  I get it at a dentist.  I don't know if you can get it elsewhere.  It is $18 a tube, but has saved my mouth.  I can't use anything else.

@On It wrote:

My acid reflux is aggravated by toothpaste that contains mint. While doing research I notice people undergoing radiation also have a problem with mint.  I found Claire which I ordered from the company but they are sold out and have been for some time. I tried using baking soda to brush but then discovered it can harm tooth enamel. My latest purchase was a watermelon flavored children's toothpaste with no fluoride. Is anyone familiar with an unflavored toothpaste?

@On It 

Honored Contributor

Regular Crest, Original paste toothpaste for me.  It's all I've ever used.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I use Cinnamon flavored toothpaste (not Cinnamint).  Many heath food stores carry this flavor and I have used Dr. Bonners and also another one from a health food store that I forget the name of.

I hate mint and since I started Paleo and don't use sugar, toothpaste is especially sweet because they use fake sweetners in it.  I can't handle it.

Cinnamon is easier to take.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Mint toothpaste doesn't aggravate my gerd, but it does make me gag. The Toms cinnamon sounds good. I think I'll try it.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I found an article all about this. If you search on

My White Whale: A List of Non-Mint Fluoridated Adult Toothpastes

you should be able to find it. Sounds like there are a lot to choose from. The article is from 2020 so it is fairly recent.

Thank you. This will be most helpful.

Respected Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

I have an autoimmune condition that causes mouth sores.  I use 3M Clinpro 5000 Bubble gum Flavor.  I get it at a dentist.  I don't know if you can get it elsewhere.  It is $18 a tube, but has saved my mouth.  I can't use anything else.

@On It wrote:

My acid reflux is aggravated by toothpaste that contains mint. While doing research I notice people undergoing radiation also have a problem with mint.  I found Claire which I ordered from the company but they are sold out and have been for some time. I tried using baking soda to brush but then discovered it can harm tooth enamel. My latest purchase was a watermelon flavored children's toothpaste with no fluoride. Is anyone familiar with an unflavored toothpaste?

@On It 

Thank you. I will contact my dentist to see if they can get it for me. Wishing you good health.