Honored Contributor

This morning it dawned on me nothing hurt (in the old bod)

I just had to send up a thank you prayer for that. Others today may realize the same thing. There are things to be thankful for. some things we take for granted. But in even just those few quiet moments before the day started for me, to realize, nothing hurt, it was a small personal miracle I felt. So when we hear, count your blessings, it doesn't have to be some big monstrous reason, we need to remember some of the other things too.

I hope everyone had a thank you moment for something today. Hope the sun's shinning where you are. It is here, but it's still cold! I know some east of here are due snow. Maybe it will melt soon for those that want it to and those that love snow, enjoy!

For those having a rough day today, sending hugs!

Respected Contributor

Re: This morning it dawned on me nothing hurt (in the old bod)

@qualitygal I really appreciated your words about your lack of pain this morning.  It truly IS a miracle when you feel NO pain, isn't it?  I'm happy for you and I hope it lasts.  **HUGS**

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Prior to my knee surgery 4 years ago, I lived with level 10 pain and was miserable.  I got out of bed with tears in my eyes because of the pain and tension in my knee.   Every morning in front of the mirror as I tried to put makeup on my tear stained face and get ready for work, I prayed for the physical strength to get through my day, and not cry at work.   As long as I got to sit at my desk all day, things were good, but if I had to trek to the farthest corner of the hospital to attend a mandatory inservice, or a meeting, I would be crying in pain as I walked to my vehicle that evening.   

Surgery fixed my knee, and I have absolutely no pain.   I thank God every morning for waking up pain free and being able to take care of my needs, and my family.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop, good for you too!!! Have a wonderful day.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I just had to send up a thank you prayer for that. Others today may realize the same thing. There are things to be thankful for. some things we take for granted. But in even just those few quiet moments before the day started for me, to realize, nothing hurt, it was a small personal miracle I felt. So when we hear, count your blessings, it doesn't have to be some big monstrous reason, we need to remember some of the other things too.

I hope everyone had a thank you moment for something today. Hope the sun's shinning where you are. It is here, but it's still cold! I know some east of here are due snow. Maybe it will melt soon for those that want it to and those that love snow, enjoy!

For those having a rough day today, sending hugs!

PRAISE THE LORD.

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful thread and so very true. The small things in life make the biggest difference. Hope you have many more days like today.

Honored Contributor

That's just lovely, OP.  I hope you have a week of smiles!

Pretty Spring Flowers Wallpaper

Honored Contributor

@RedTop, my knees only hurt when I doing stairs so far.  A few weeks ago I got knee injections (SynVisc One) which helped and I'm getting rid of a few extra pounds.  My question, if I may ask you, is why did you wait so long for knee replacement with your pain being so great?  Also did the waiting make or joints like the hip become painful.  Thanks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie,

My knee issues started in my mid 40's, and went on for 13 years before an ortho surgeon said it was time for joint replacement.   Synvisc injections did nothing for me, altho I think they would have if I had started them many years earlier before the joint was so badly deteriorated.   My severe pain was only in the last 12-15 months before surgery when I had bone on bone grating.   I also stubbornly refused to ask for pain medication to help with my discomfort.  

I was 56 at the time of my surgery.   My knee issues developed during the time our local surgeons were hesitant to perform surgeries on patients under the age of 60.  Thankfully time changed all of those notions.  

I will be the first to say I suffered too long.   Thankfully, the wait did not stress my other knee, or my hips, altho I did experience pain in my hip from the degenerated joint and the way my foot turned outward.  That stopped with the new joint.

If my surgery had been done years earlier, I truly do not believe I would have had the awesome experience I had 4 years ago.  My mind was absolutely in the right place to do what I needed to do, and I was determined that nothing was going to get in my way.  I knew exactly what I needed to do to recover well and make my surgery successful.  My ortho surgeon is still sharing my recovery experience with patients scheduling surgery, because regardless of the information provided before the procedure, your mindset makes all the difference in the outcome.    

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

This is one of my favorites .......