Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother   I said a prayer for you after reading this. I understand how you feel. I have gone through many scary things so I can relate.

DH has a pacemaker/defibrillator. He has had it for years with no problems.  The medical field has come a long way when it comes to the heart for sure. Really, it's quite amazing what they can do these days.    

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother  I'm glad you finally got the pacemaker and hope all will be much better for you now! 
                🥹 😃

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother ---I am very sorry for all your "adventures" but glad you had this outcome----and can relate to my horrible, very bad month, last October---but nothing as dramatic or scary as what you went thru--I broke my ankle pretty badly----is any break good?----had surgery and am now up on it trying to walk normally--am 68 and have to say it was/is an enormous challenge at my age too. Let's not do anymore of all that--ok? Wishing you a speedy recover.

Valued Contributor

Good thoughts and prayers for your recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

Wishing you a smooth recovery.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother      so sorry you are going through such scarry health issues... Can I ask what your age is?  Was your health good prior to this  sudden heart   situation?  I guess as we age we just can not fore see health issues that may suddenly happen to us. Prayers to you

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@fairydogmother      so sorry you are going through such scarry health issues... Can I ask what your age is?  Was your health good prior to this  sudden heart   situation?  I guess as we age we just can not fore see health issues that may suddenly happen to us. Prayers to you

I don't mind you asking. I'm 71. I've had hypertension for about seventeen years. No other major problems. I thought my blood pressure was under control. Sometime in the last few months it stopped being controlled by medication. The elevated BP over time, led to fluid retention and congestive heart failure.The cardiac arrhythmia and dangerously low heart rate happened out of the blue. Yes as we age we need to be prepared for medical problems. That's how our bodies are made- to wear out in old age. A fact of life. It seems like there's always something popping up now. Big change from my fifties and sixties 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@fairydogmother ---I am very sorry for all your "adventures" but glad you had this outcome----and can relate to my horrible, very bad month, last October---but nothing as dramatic or scary as what you went thru--I broke my ankle pretty badly----is any break good?----had surgery and am now up on it trying to walk normally--am 68 and have to say it was/is an enormous challenge at my age too. Let's not do anymore of all that--ok? Wishing you a speedy recover.

Oh you poor thing. How that must have hurt!  hurt! Can relate to challenge of recuperating at our age. Stay well and I will try, also. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@fairydogmother   I said a prayer for you after reading this. I understand how you feel. I have gone through many scary things so I can relate.

DH has a pacemaker/defibrillator. He has had it for years with no problems.  The medical field has come a long way when it comes to the heart for sure. Really, it's quite amazing what they can do these days.    

The medical technology boggles my mind!

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Flopsy wrote:

Oh my goodness you hang on in there.  I've had an abalation which worked but I can't imagine the stress you have gone through, even that is quite the procedure.  We all never know what's round the corner for us but hopefully the pacemaker will make you feel better and stabilize you.  Now you can reset and get back to a normal day to day life.  Thinking of you and sending love.  Keep all of us posted on your speedy recovery and know you are many people's thoughts.x

You are so sweet, just like your nickname lol. I feel like the pacemaker is saving my life. I named it Reggie after Reggie Miller, former NBA star of the Indiana Pacers, who play in my home town. Reggie and I are besties now. He's my protector. 

Harmonize the World