Esteemed Contributor

I have noticed the older I get, the less I like being out in it. Its not that I don't like it, its that I just don't seem to do well with it. It didn't use to bother me like this.

I have heard other people talking about this too, so, what gives? Why when I go to town like I did this morning, is it that by the time I get the car unloaded and everything put up, I feel like I need a nap, or a good rest? It's also humid here and I feel like I have had the life sucked out of me.

Is this just getting older? If so, I'm a little worried as to what 70 is gonna feel like. Lordy.

Honored Contributor

If you feel that bad, you could be risking heat stroke.

Nothing works the same in our old age.

Trusted Contributor

I've been going grocery shopping at 6am and making sure that everything else I need to get done is before 10 or 11.  Otherwise, yes the heat is just too much and hard to breathe sometimes when walking from the car.  

Trusted Contributor

The only good thing is.........it feels great to take an outside swim !

thRKXZP6RY.jpg

Respected Contributor

I have never liked the heat,my electric bill is about 400 dollars every month in summer..I feel tired and icky as well...just waitng for for Fall

Respected Contributor

Went to the bank with my husband today. When we got home I stayed outside and did some yard work. My neighbor came over and we talked. When I came in my husband said you are red. I had gotten to much sun and felt drained. Low nineties here today. I am in my seventies. 

Honored Contributor

I just can't take the heat at all. I have a medical condition where I don't have enough functioning sweat glands on my skin and when I go into a hot environment then I don't sweat to cool off like most normal people do. My body goes into over-heat mode and it can't cool down...it just keep getting hotter and hotter then I get really sick with nausea, headache and dizziness. Like a heatstroke. I have to be very careful. Can be life- threatening so I don't go out when it's hot.

Honored Contributor

I don’t like heat either.I get a headache or feel dizzy if out too long.My DH loves the heat and can function well and work hard without any problems.I am sure I dissapoint him as he would love to live in year round summer somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder where the ideal location to live would be. I can't tolerate the cold anymore - but I'm slightly anemic. Too much heat drains me..... My brother used to live in San Diego and he swears this is the city for ideal climate. Out of curiosity - Any ideas for perfect location?  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

San Diego is gorgeous! I would move there today if it weren't for my grandkids  ...the weather is perfect. lots to do and beautiful beachesl