Trusted Contributor

Re: Teeter inversion table man on QVC now

[ Edited ]

I have the Teeter inversion table. I’ve told the story before of how my brother came to see us and was uncomfortable with back issues. He got on that and couldn’t believe how much better he felt. He would continue to get on throughout their 3 to 4 day stay. He went home and got himself an inversion table and it’s been a great help to him. 

Trusted Contributor

What works for one may not work for another.  There's a gizmo for lower back pain that you place between your legs while lying on your back and you push it against your thighs.  I tried that and it caused me more back pain than I had but it works for other people

One thing people need to do is check with their doc before buying the inversion table.  I believe there are contraindications for people with some heart issues.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@hckynut 

I think you might have missed a good concert. You sure have been through more than your share.  I babysat for a couple while they went to that concert in Omaha with another couple. When they got home the husband was mad at his wife because she and her friend were screaming throughout the concert. It was kind of funny. 

@Teddie ,

I know I did for sure. I did however go to the other 3 concerts Elvis did here, including the one in late July, a couple weeks before he died. The last one Elvis looked the worst, but had the best voice in all the years I had been listening to him since his first big song.

Yes, I had a pretty tough road from 2002 thru 2016, but with great medical help/my wife and furry kids, lots of work-dedication and optimism! I am now in good health and GREAT physical conditioning. 

Thank you for your comments.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@hckynut 

I think you might have missed a good concert. You sure have been through more than your share.  I babysat for a couple while they went to that concert in Omaha with another couple. When they got home the husband was mad at his wife because she and her friend were screaming throughout the concert. It was kind of funny. 

@Teddie ,

I know I did for sure. I did however go to the other 3 concerts Elvis did here, including the one in late July, a couple weeks before he died. The last one Elvis looked the worst, but had the best voice in all the years I had been listening to him since his first big song.

Yes, I had a pretty tough road from 2002 thru 2016, but with great medical help/my wife and furry kids, lots of work-dedication and optimism! I am now in good health and GREAT physical conditioning. 

Thank you for your comments.

hckynut

@hckynut 

Oh wow, I didn’t realize Omaha had 4 of his concerts. So great that you got to go and enjoy him. What a treat and to have those memories. 

You are very fortunate in how you’ve been able to overcome all your health difficulties. I don’t take one iota away from all your hard work and determination. It’s just amazing. 

I’ve been wanting to ask you a question for a long time but have been hesitating. In the past you’ve talked about, I believe, when you had colon bleeding. It was serious but they were able to get it stopped. My dad had gall bladder cancer. He was a healthy, active 71 year old. Then he began to bleed heavily from his colon and they couldn’t get it stopped. We drove 7 hours through the dark and snow to get to him. They had been giving him something for the pain and he was mostly out of it when we got there. I kept wondering—why can’t they make it stop and save him? It’s been hard for me to come to terms with.  And when I read that they helped you I thought, see, there are things that can be done. I realize you’re two different people and he also had the cancer he was dealing with. 

If it’s not too much of an imposition would you mind sometime sharing what they did for you? I am not at all angry but I will always wonder what more they could have done for my dad. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh gee, I have gotten completely off topic. We are supposed to be talking about the Teeter. My apologies!

Honored Contributor

@Teddie 

I am really sorry about your dad. What year was this do you remember? My colon bleeding started in 2008. My wife dropped me off at the ER. It was Memorial Day and her and her late mother were going to put flowers on some graves.

In on Memorial Day, and released in almost July. Multiple Colonoscopies/swallowed the Camera Pill, could not find the bleed. Transferred me to another hospital the had the High Definition Double Balloon Enteroscopy equipment. They first did an Upper and the next day the lower.

They found the bleed, which was at the very end of my right colon. They 1st cauterized it, and it didn't hold, so they used a laser to stop the bleeding. This was a 4+ hour procedure and my wife was really concerned. Went home 3 days and multiple blood transfusions and an Iron Iron Infusion later.

That lasted till 2011 then it started all over again. Go to the ER, admitted again. Did 1 Colonoscopy then transferred me to another hospital, a different one than in 2008, that had the Double Balloon Equipment. Another Colonoscopy and then the Double Balloon. They used clips to stop the bleeding this time.

That lasted only 11 days and back to my 2nd home's ER. Another Colonoscopy(no anesthesia), sent me to the other hospital for another Colonoscopy and then the Double Balloon. This time they used Titanium clips to stop the bleeding.

That lasted until late 2015 and this time I only had the Colonoscopy at my "home hospital". This time my gastro doctor did both, Laser and Clips. So I am now in 2019 and so far do good. But I am hoping this time it last MY duration. If not, will see what they will use the next time. At least now they know exactly where to go in my colon, so hopefully just another Colonoscopy without the Double Balloon.

Over 130+ blood transfusions and 30+ Iron Infusions later! I get a B-12 shot monthly and get my Hemoglobin and Iron Ferritin checked every 3-6 months. If Ferritin is below 32, time for another Iron Infusion.

I am sure I missed a few things, but that is a big part of what was done for my bleeding right colon. Hope you have s great weekend, and don't be concerned about off topic, I am known for my segways from A to Z.

Be well,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut 

Thank you very, very much for taking the time with your detailed, thoughtful reply. What’s important is that they did everything they could for you.

They did not for my dad. He sat up briefly when I got there and seemed delighted to see me. But they kept giving him morphine and he was knocked out so I couldn’t even talk to him. 

Thank you again. Take care. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Teddie ,

I am glad I might have given you a different look at my colon bleed issues. You mentioned Morphine so I  will ask about that. Was this given because of pain related to your dad's cancer? I asked because in all of my issues with my colon, my pain never reached a level where I needed morphine. I was administered morphine by the EMT, after we reached the hospital after my 2nd heart attack, which was in 2007, before my colon bleeding issues.

At that time, and including the present day, I cannot take any pain killer that also changes blood clotting time, which eliminates every Anti-inflammatory/NSAIDS, and I refuse to take ANY Opioid for pain. I only take over the counter Tylenol, even for my most recent Toe surgery and lasts years Hernia surgery.

Too many personal questions I would ask, but I don't think this is a place to ask them, and I certainly do not want to open any topic that makes the loss of your father any more painful than it is at the present.

If I can answer anything else for you, get personal if you have to, I would be happy to do so, if I can.

Take care and be well,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut 

You had asked and I forgot to answer that this happened in December of 2008. I thought, what a coincidence that you said your troubles started then too. Since it was right around the same time, I think that’s why I took notice.  We were up at a Duluth hospital. When I read again what all you went through it’s just unbelievable. 

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut 

You had asked about the use of morphine. I wasn’t there during his worst part but my brother said he is was in such awful pain. We assume it was because of the cancer. 

We knew he was dying but the colon bleeding never made sense to me. And I wondered if that incident sped up his dying. I’ll never have the answers.  I’m just a daughter that didn’t want him to go. 

It was an awful ordeal to go through.