Respected Contributor

Teeter inversion table man on QVC now

Just saw QVC is now bringing that older gentleman from Florida to sell his inversion table. Frankly Ive seen enough of this charlatan on HSN. My doctor agrees that this device is not medically approved and does not help chronic back pain. I will NOT tune in. I have boycotted this man for many years. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Teeter inversion table man on QVC now

[ Edited ]

Sorry but I beg to differ.  I use it when my neck bothers me from the way I slept. DH has back issues on/off so he uses it quite a bit which has really helped his back. He could hardly get on it or bend down to clasp the thing around his ankles so I had to do that for him. He had to use a stick to help get on or off it. If we did not have it he would constantly be going to the Chiropractor which he does not have the time for.

My BIL has back issues & bought one. He was hesitant at first but said Thanks for recommending it since it has also helped him a great deal.

I like it. It's very relaxing plus you feel better after using it.

From his website plus he has the documentation on his site if you want to check that out. Your doctor might want to check it out.

Teeter Decompression Devices are registered with the FDA as 510(k) medical devices, designed to provide traction to the spine while stretching the para-spinal muscles. Teeter is the ONLY brand that is both UL safety certified and 510(k) registered with the FDA as a class one medical device. That makes Teeter THE name to trust.

Esteemed Contributor

There are other ways to decompress vertebra. 

In the 70s I worked with someone who used an inversion table daily, swore he couldn't live without it. He was stooped, hunched and in pain if he skipped a session.

I have been known to use my TotalGym as a modified inversion table. 

Before that, starting as a teen, I'd hang my body weight by my hands and 'march' knees high in midair to unlock, relieve pinched nerves, and realign my spine. 

@Reever , this device allows the user to create traction as needed. Surely your doctor has heard of using traction. Chronic back pain from normal compression during aging, congenital or chronic misalignment, and/or trapped soft tissue is relieved with this type of treatment.

While I've never bought a table endorsed by that gentleman, I don't consider that "boycotting" him. Lol!!

Respected Contributor

Every time I watch the presentations, I am tempted to buy... I’ve had multiple problems with my lumbar area and lots of scar tissue there that is constantly sore and tight. The best thing in PT for it was traction. 

BUT I remember asking my PT about these devices and she did not recommend- She said she believes they cause more problems than they solve! But I am still tempted every time... I haven’t ordered. I also read if you want to return it, good luck packing it up and the return shipping is on you for over $100...!  

Honored Contributor

I would love to have one; makes sense to me on how they work and what goes on within your body. Know several people who have them, so that is why I haven't purchased one. I just go over to their house every once in a while and use theirs. I don't have chronic problems with pain, so I just like to going over and "hang" out. ha!

Honored Contributor

I asked my doctor about them as they looked like fun. She said that they are very dangerous if you have macular degeneration, glaucoma, heart disease or hypertension. Apparently, being upside down increases blood pressure and is very unhealthy. Who knew?

Esteemed Contributor

Family friends own one and swear by it.

The husband worked early in his career driving a delivery truck and assembling furniture. Now in his middle 50's, while fit, he swears he gets back pain relief from it and uses it regularly.

The wife is also fit and she believes it promotes blood flow for her which in turn gives her energy.

To each their own therapy modes and I can understand why chiro's, md's etc don't approve. It cuts into their profits.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Just saw QVC is now bringing that older gentleman from Florida to sell his inversion table. Frankly Ive seen enough of this charlatan on HSN. My doctor agrees that this device is not medically approved and does not help chronic back pain. I will NOT tune in. I have boycotted this man for many years. 

This charlatan has been pushing this contraption for probably 20 years....someone must buy them?  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Reever 

Your doctor cannot speak about what works for back pains for everyone, and what does not. One of my good friends is a Spinal Surgeon, his title tells his Specialty. He owns a Teeter Inversion Table, as do I.

My spine is missing 3 Lumbar Discs from 2 back surgeries, and I have been using Roger Teeter's Inversion Table since I no longer take Blood Pressure Meds. It does exactly what he claims, and exactly what I expected it to do for me.

Did it replace my 3 missing lumbar discs? Nope! Did or does it keep me from ever having a stiff or pain in my back? Nope! What it does for me is exactly what Mr. Teeter claims. Does it do that for everyone with a sore or painful back? Nope, but it does temporarily help over a million owners of his tables.

Hopefully your boycotting "this man" makes you(or your back) feel better. I absolutely love my Teeter Inversion Table.

To each be their own.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I asked my doctor about them as they looked like fun. She said that they are very dangerous if you have macular degeneration, glaucoma, heart disease or hypertension. Apparently, being upside down increases blood pressure and is very unhealthy. Who knew?

@Trinity11 

The only thing I have in "your list" is heart disease. I have never been Hypertensive, but my Cardiologist wanted me to keep my BP as low as possible, while still being fully functional.

I always wanted a Teeter Table because I believe in the concept, and actually had Inversion Boots made that I used back in the 1980's. After being on BP meds since 2003, in 2018 I asked my Doctor if I could quit the meds and see if my BP stayed low enough to suit him.

He agreed and right now by BP still runs around 90/60-65. After he checked me for 2 months he said he agreed I did not need the meds any longer. As soon as hsn had the best Teeter Table on sale, I bought mine. I love it for my spine and also for being able to do my "inverted sit-ups". They keep my abs absolutely rock hard.

This device does everything that I expected for me, and even more. Hope you are doing as well as possible. I just got back from my Sunday 2 hour ice skating, and I am still feeling absolutely GREAT, and I could not be a happier warrior.

hckynut

hckynut(john)