Respected Contributor

I've always wanted one just to decompress my spine and relax. I don't have any back issues. It seems I've gotten about an inch shorter over the years.

I have Fuchs dystrophy(build up of pressure in cornea and swelling) and had to have cornea transplants. My ophthalmologist advised against using this or doing any type of inversion

He also mentioned that if you have high blood pressure it could make that worse.🙁

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

I have this brand of inversion table, which I’ve had for probably over 10 years.

When my brother, who was suffering with back problems, came to see us I suggested he try ours. Surprisingly, he got on it and completely inverted.  During his 3 day stay he kept getting on it and said he couldn’t believe how much better he felt. He went home and bought one. 

My son likes to get on it when he comes over and reports it helps immensely. Other family members enjoy it, as well. 

I used it a few years ago when I had such painful sciatica. It helped some, which I was grateful for. I can’t fully invert. I can only go down a slight bit. I noticed right away when I got it that it bothers my eyes—makes them feel like they’re bulging out.  It’s too uncomfortable for me.  I’ve since known of a few others who reported this same problem. And for others, no problem at all. But that fact keeps me from using it like I’d like. 

Trusted Contributor

I have been using mine since I purchased a couple months moths ago. Works great dcompressing spine. Costco has one model for a great price...just saw it in warehouse. I bought mine on line so it would be delivered to house( mine is a different model than in store now).   I wanted to buy for I’m Costco because if I didn’t like it they’d work with me. It is a heavy item boxed but assembly is easy. 

Honored Contributor

Hmmm, if assembly I still pretty easy, I will have to try to put mine together myself.  It just looks so daunting.

D2101FBD-F687-4A76-AE37-AC8008D36F4A.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh, @Carmie , I don’t remember mine looking like that at all! That looks terrible!

Respected Contributor

I purchased one from QVC about 20 years ago.  Hanging upside down did make my back feel better.  The problem I had was the clamps that held my feet in place, bruised my feet terribly.

Eventually I gave the machine away.

@Carmie

While mine needed some assembling, it looked nothing like yours when it arrived.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie  you need to find a  young guy ,that tinkers with cars, and stuff ,and pay him to put this together.

Honored Contributor

@cherry  My DH does more than just  tinker with cars.  He replaces engines and transmission and even does body work and full paint jobs.

I just need to get him motivated when he is home.  I don't know any young men that would be able to put this together for me. Well, maybe one of my sons..he has one that he put together, but he is always working.

I have no plans for tomorrow, so I am going to try to tackle it myself.  The box says it goes together in five easy steps. It has been sitting there in the box for over a year.

I am pretty handy.  I put furniture and grills and bicycles together.  This ought to be fun...NOT. 

Trusted Contributor

@Starpolisher  I wanted to get one of those too as I have neck and back issues but when I mentioned to my Dr.  he said no due to my high pressure.  Oh. well.