Trusted Contributor

Re: Talking About Knee Replacement

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

Every time I read about how well someone's knee replacement went I'm happy to hear it--but in my case, I had my knee replaced in June '16, and my surgeon messed up...he admitted to not putting something behind my knee cap to prevent irritation......he apologized for his mistake and said it needs to be fixed.....I waited 14 years to finally agree that I needed the surgery.....and this is what I ended up with....his apology...l'm not going through the surgery again.....this was not a new doctor...he has been taking care of my family's ortho needs for over 25 years......so discouraged....hope you are able to drive soon.....

@nana59- that's horrible! And especially when the doctor is one you've trusted for years.

Did you still have to pay for that mess up? (Tell me to get lost if you don't want to answer. I know it's a personal question but I've often wondered if one still has to pay when a surgeon makes a mistake).

Esteemed Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

Every time I read about how well someone's knee replacement went I'm happy to hear it--but in my case, I had my knee replaced in June '16, and my surgeon messed up...he admitted to not putting something behind my knee cap to prevent irritation......he apologized for his mistake and said it needs to be fixed.....I waited 14 years to finally agree that I needed the surgery.....and this is what I ended up with....his apology...l'm not going through the surgery again.....this was not a new doctor...he has been taking care of my family's ortho needs for over 25 years......so discouraged....hope you are able to drive soon.....

@nana59- that's horrible! And especially when the doctor is one you've trusted for years.

Did you still have to pay for that mess up? (Tell me to get lost if you don't want to answer. I know it's a personal question but I've often wondered if one still has to pay when a surgeon makes a mistake).

My insurance covered everything...even rehab.....never went back to his office...l was afraid I might hurt him!!  Heard he has recently retired... probably thought I would sue him.......

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @nana59 ! Yeah, I'll bet you wanted to hurt him - probably in the knee too.

Esteemed Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Thanks @nana59 ! Yeah, I'll bet you wanted to hurt him - probably in the knee too.

maybe a little above the knee.....if you catch my drift......