Trusted Contributor

TSV...another gadget?

[ Edited ]

I watched the presentation of today's TSV and it reminds me of just another fitness gadget not unlike the many QVC sells and the hundreds on the market.  Everyone is always looking the the ONE great thing to make a difference in their fitness or appearance.

Do you suppose Marie Osmond was influential in getting her fitness gadget as a TSV?  She has long been the darling of QVC and many of its hosts?

Last time I saw her on a television commercial, (can't remember if it was Weight Watchers or the Jenny "girl") she looked thin and gaunt, has she gained back the weight she had lost?

I find it interesting that all of the celebrities who endorse these eating programs get fit and trim only to eventually return to their pre-planned meal bodies.  I'm loving the new drama with Oprah and Weight Watchers!

Honored Contributor

Marie sponsored nutri system.  I thought she looked good.

Honored Contributor

I own this and it's a good product.... of course with anything you have to commit to it for it to work.  This works and it dosn't stress the body which is important to a lot of us.

There's room out there for all kinds of promotions and all kinds of celebrities to endorse them.  The politics of it (Marie being a QVC darling) doesn't interest me.  She brought a decent product to the Q and they decided to promote it.  No one program will fit the needs of everyone.

As far as Oprah is concerned, she's had a weight problem forever.... if Weight Watchers is the program to finally help her then I'm happy for her, and if owning a percentage of the company is what motivates her.... more more to her.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Marie Osmond lost a lot of weight when she was on Dancing with the Stars - she admitted it. That's obviously when Nutri-System came calling - and Marie claims to have lost the weight from eating tiny, yucky Nutri-System food.

She presented her dolls for many years on QVC - and since most people like her - they decided exercise equipment fitted her.

I've enjoyed watching Marie  on many shows thru the years --- but I would never buy anything she endorses. Like most celebrities - they put their names on products and, most of the time, the product doesn't live up to expectations.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to see a disclaimer required for all home fitness programs that says "this is all I used to get in shape". Think you'll ever see Sean T say he got those guns by dancing?

As far as Queen O, she bought into the company so she basically purchased a seat on their board. Wall Street considers WW a food company that comes with a diet plan.

Trusted Contributor

Anything you can do with Marie's bar and bands you can do with plain old bands that are under $5.

Occasional Contributor

Wow! You sound pretty negative.  It all depends on what you think is best for you.  This has gotten pretty good reviews and it seems to work for most people.  I got one for my mother who has health issues and she can use it at her own pace.  Sorry you don't think this is for you.  Happy New Year.

Respected Contributor

It works for me

I like it

It didn't cost a lot

My money

My choice

You decide if you want an item; it's your money

Valued Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

It works for me

I like it

It didn't cost a lot

My money

My choice

You decide if you want an item; it's your money

Absolutely true! I have the original and it's a great workout. The key is to DO it. Marie Osmond can't help it if once you buy it, it sits in the bag or box never to be used. But if you ever used one of these, you can really feel the muscles working. It's a great workout! I would recommend it to anyone serious about wanting to exercise. I love mine.

Esteemed Contributor

This thread reminded me that about a hundred years ago.....well maybe not quite.....there was a physical fittness expert by the name of Phil Tyne who used to sell Power Bands on QVC. It's the same kind of stretch bands that run through 2 fleecy lined cuffs that are about 3 inches wide and adjustable by way of velcro to fit around your ankles for some exercises and to hold in your hand for others that work the upper body. Same premise and type of exercises as what Marie is selling but no big bar. Only mentioning this because it jogged my memory and I checked some closets and sure enough I still have them along with the exercise chart that came with them. They are so old I think it was back in the days of Steve Colantuno. I remember back in the day when I got them and used them faithfully they did a good job of firming and strengthening so I'm betting Marie's contraption also works well.