Trusted Contributor
@qvc chick

I sooo get what you're saying. Like other posters said, why don't you give them a call now, before the weekend, and ask to talk to the doctor or a nurse. Tell them you have anxiety about this & would really appreciate speaking with someone now.
Contributor

I had the same situation a few years ago.  Two biopsies on a thyroid nodule both came back suspicious. They removed half my thyroid. The nodule was benign. I now take Synthroid. Very thankful nodule was benign but wish it had showed that on biopsy. Easy day surgery and quick recuperation. My best to you.

Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

I have thyroid nodules for the past few years.  Every year I get an ultrasound to watch them.  They look like they stayed the same size.

This year, the Endricologist called me back to do a biopsy.  She said she did not see anything alarming, but there was a small "something" there.

I did biopsy last week, all she said was that it takes a week for results to come back.

Well, today the receptionist called, and said the results came back, and they wanted to set up an appt. to go over the results.

My anxiety is thru the roof, to put it mildly.

I would think, if there was nothing to worry about, why would they set up appt?  Well she did say, no matter what, they would probably be keeping a watch on it. 

She also said a small amount of cases come back "inconclusive".

So I dont know what to think!! 

I had a thyroidectomy, for papillary thyroid cancer, over two years ago.  There were two small, self-containted nodules.  I had one of the best surgeons in the world, from Johns Hopkins, and I am totally fine.  It was a much easier surgery than I expected.  My only issue is that I'm still trying to get my thyroid hormone adjusted.  And, I go every 6 months for blood work.

Since you've been following it closely, if there is a malignancy, you've caught it early.  Or you may have to have another biopsy in the future.  

I'm sorry that you have to wait for another appointment.  My endo spent an hour on the phone with me, and my husband, the evening he called with the results.  

Take a deep breath!  If they thought it was something very serious, you would not be waiting for an appointment.  Even after mine was diagnosed, I still waited three months for my surgery.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick  Most thyroid nodules are benign. But if there is a change your MD probably wanted to make sure. I have thyroid nodules biosied twice. Thankfully they have been ok. Good luck to you.

Trusted Contributor
@qvc chick

Hoping you have your appointment soon!😊👍