Esteemed Contributor

my granddaughter suffers from a skin condition...her hands are always sweaty....she's 15....and i can tell it's starting to affect her emotionally....i'm worried about her...i know there is a medical term for this...i'm hoping someone can help with how to treat this...i know she needs to see a dermatologist...some of the medical treatments seem to be extreme....but i've also researched some home remedies....hoping for some advice.....i'm a concerned nana.....

Esteemed Contributor

A family member has this, although the armpits were much more affected.  A Derm can help.  It did seem to calm down in his 40s.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry about your precious  angel dear.

I dont want to post the link as I will banned again for it, but there's an something called Carpe. Its a antiperspirant for sweaty hands.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@nana59 

Have you seen this product?

Amazon.com: DRYSOL Solution 20% 37.5ML: Health & Personal Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

I am so sorry about your precious  angel dear.

I dont want to post the link as I will banned again for it, but there's an something called Carpe. Its a antiperspirant for sweaty hands.

i just ordered this for her...it has mixed reviews....hoping she's gets some relief...i am a worrier...she never complains about anything...she's had this problem for about a year...but she didn't let it bother her...but now i can see her self-esteem changing.....so it breaks my heart....i'm hoping that a topical med will help....thank you for your help....i think being a nana is harder than being a mom!!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@nana59 

Have you seen this product?

Amazon.com: DRYSOL Solution 20% 37.5ML: Health & Personal Care

thank you...i will order some.....i appreciate it....

Super Contributor

It's quite possible she has Hyperhidrosis. It can be very debilitating and embarrassing to one who suffers. A dermatologist can be helpful in addressing this.  There are creams and oral meds that can be extremely helpful.

Super Contributor

Botox. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

It's quite possible she has Hyperhidrosis. It can be very debilitating and embarrassing to one who suffers. A dermatologist can be helpful in addressing this.  There are creams and oral meds that can be extremely helpful.

after trying a couple of over the counter meds....if she doesn't get results...i'm sure my daughter will bring her to a dermatologist...thank you...

Esteemed Contributor

@roster wrote:

Botox. 

i just read about that as a treatment....thank you.....