Trusted Contributor

Re: Supplements Berberine and Garcinia

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Trinity11 @SilleeMee 

Just wanted to let you know that I'm sitting here eating Cheezits with my healthy salad. 🤫 Wonder if they balance each other out?

Absolutely!! 

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Trinity11 @SilleeMee 

Just wanted to let you know that I'm sitting here eating Cheezits with my healthy salad. 🤫 Wonder if they balance each other out?

@shoesnbags 

You betcha! 😋

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! 

@SilleeMee 

I ordered the Berberine you suggested. I already had it in my cart at Amazon. Just wasn't sure which one to try. I'm not going to try the Garcinia. I take Sertraline and I read that it's not good to take them together. Thanks again!🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Starpolisher 

Hope it works well for you.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Natural solutions appeal to me over an Rx. I hope it works.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Natural solutions appeal to me over an Rx. I hope it works.

It's interesting that both metformin and berberine are made from plants. They both work in a very similar way to reduce blood sugar. The FDA has been researching berberine for several years now and they are looking at berberine to be used as a Rx drug to treat both blood sugar and cholesterol metabolism issues. Berberine helps lower LDL and raise HDL cholesterol plus lowers A1C at the same time.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Would you happen to know if Berberine has any

known negative side effects or if it intereacts with any medications?  Is it okay to use, if you don't have a blood sugar issue? Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@SilleeMee  Would you happen to know if Berberine has any

known negative side effects or if it intereacts with any medications?  Is it okay to use, if you don't have a blood sugar issue? Thanks

@Enufstuff @SilleeMee 

I started taking Berberine about 2 years ago to help control my cholesterol and have not noticed any negative side effects. I take it in conjunction with a low dose of a statin. Berberine has not caused any weightloss for me...but then I don't want/need to lose any weight.

Not a doc, so can't speak to any impact for anyone else. I did tell my primary what I was doing and why and she did not yell at me. My numbers came back great within 3 months of the statin/Berberine combo.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take Berberine for a natural alternative to hypertension meds.  Thanks @SilleeMee as this brand is less expensive and I will only use veggie caps and organic!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

I'm looking to purchase these two supplements to aide with keeping my blood sugars low and weight loss. I'd like them to be 1000mg each. Can anyone recommend a good brand without anything extra in them? @SilleeMee,  @Shelbelle  Could use your help here! TIA, Starr

@Starpolisher  Don't overlook that Ceylon Cinnamon is also supposed to help with blood sugar too  This is the Berberine supplement I have on an Amazon subscription.  It doesn't have a lot of additives but does have the Ceylon Cinnamon included.

IMG_2457.jpeg