Honored Contributor

OP--how about a small fan? I have one that has 2 speeds near my bed and i just turn that on plus it kind of stirs up the air as well. I also have an echo dot that I can tell to find me sleep music-----

Trusted Contributor

I think the fan is a great idea.  I’ve also got a sound machine that I’ve had probably 20 years. I could never have something on a timer that shuts off after a certain time. Like someone else said, when our electricity has gone off and it’s suddenly quiet, I wake up. 

Honored Contributor

I own two:  Dohm and LectroFan.

There's a fairly busy road behind my house so I have one set to come on at 4 a.m.  

Occasional Contributor

@Irish1210 I have this machine as well- for 5 wonderful years!  I got it when I had my babies and we can't sleep without it.  We all sleep like babies.

Honored Contributor

The topic I was looking for tonight.  I have a terrible time gettng to sleep and staying asleep.  I even dred going to bed now even though I know I need the rest.    Will look into suggestions made.  (I envy friends who say they fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow.  I don't know what that would be like.)

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva 

I've had this one for 5ish years.  It makes DH and dear pup's snoring much softer.  Lots of settings.  I take it on vacation and our young GS (s) don't wake us up at the crack of dawn!Smiley Happy

Adaptive Sound Technologies LectroFan High Fidelity White Noise Sound Machine with 20 Unique Non-Looping Fan and White Noise Sounds and Sleep Timer
Style:Classic

(Amazon special today if you're Prime).

Trusted Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:
I have a terrible time falling asleep and staying asleep. I take medication which helps but have considered a sound machine. Does anyone have success with a sound machine? If do which one? TIA

@KCDiva 

I have an Amazon Echo.   It plays relaxing sounds on demand.  From a free app  you  have over 200 different sounds or noises to choose from.  
I play the Amazon Rain Forest a lot.  Sometimes I like to play the sound of frogs croaking in a lily pond.  It is set to automatically play from the time I go to bed, and set to turn off at around 6 am. every morning.  Easy.  Adjustible start and end times.  Set and forget.

Good luck.