Honored Contributor

Don't know why i get them,but this time i cut open a vitamin e capsule, put some on sore, it healed it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh @goldensrbest , thanks for posting. Both my husband and I are baffled why we have gotten these sores in our nose for the past couple years. Never had them before. And ouch, sometimes I can't even touch the outside of my nose or the pain is bad enough my eyes water.

What is up with them? I don't get why we are getting them now. Thanks for the info, we'll have to give it a try. 

Respected Contributor

Becareful I once had a sore inside my nose and it turned out to be MRSA.  I did not know it until my DH got a sore on his hand that swelled after I had this sore.  He went to urgent care and tested positive for MRSA.   We then made the connection that my sore could also be MRSA and I infected him.  Turned out that we were right. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Is it a cold sore? I get them on the inside of my nose and it hurts like heck. I use an 
Abreva-type salve on it and that helps them go away faster, tg.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Is it a cold sore? I get them on the inside of my nose and it hurts like heck. I use an 

I tend to get them, usually use  a salve ,or something similar, but this worked better.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sore inside nose

[ Edited ]

They are more common than people realize. Many years ago I was referred to an otolaryngologist who was researching migraine and the possible relationship with sinus tissue and sinus cavities.  In the process of having some procedures I learned from him how sensitive that tissue inside the nostrils is, and to be careful. 

Any slight abrasion, from the simplest things such as blowing the nose, or plucking hairs or pulling on them when trying to use a "groomer" trimming device, can be caused easily and is vulnerable to infection. 

Our immune system might not fight these well depending upon our health, age, whatever might weaken or change it over time. 

As some of you said, they can be really painful.   

Though they don't usually develop into something more complicated, they still have the potential for that so it's a good idea to get sound advice about treatment and care. 

With cooler weather approaching, and the sometimes-dry air we breathe inside heated buildings, good thing to be aware of.

Take care, everyone.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This is true.  I've gotten them for years and they are cold sores , aka herpes simplex.  I use Abreva asap and they're not too bad.  The weird thing is I have never had a cold sore on my lips.  Given the choice, I definitely take the nasal variety.

Respected Contributor

Gosh, learn something new every day.  Never heard of this problem before.

Everyone, take care of yourselves. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

Becareful I once had a sore inside my nose and it turned out to be MRSA.  I did not know it until my DH got a sore on his hand that swelled after I had this sore.  He went to urgent care and tested positive for MRSA.   We then made the connection that my sore could also be MRSA and I infected him.  Turned out that we were right. 

@ninjawife 

I had the exact same thing about 5 or 6 years ago.  My nose became so sore in one spot inside but it was a weekend, so I had to wait until Monday to see the ENT doctor.

When he looked at it, he knew it was MRSA even before swabbing it to run the test.  He said that a MRSA infection in the nose is very dangerous because it can travel to the brain. I was put on several very strong drugs for 10 days, which cleared up the infection.  But I developed an allergy to sulfa drugs because I was on a high dose.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I have a prescription for Valacyclovir HCI 1 GM. I always have this on hand. One or two tablets and it works fast.