Esteemed Contributor

Re: So distressed about weight gain.

Like Mary, I also hope it's food and not medical. Prayers in that respect.

I also picked up a few pounds since Thanksgiving. And you know what? I enjoyed every single bite! In that respect, it was worth it.

Now, I'm back to my normal eating and exercising (eat less, move more). The weight will come off. And I will look forward to eating fattyliscious meals in December!

Don't beat yourself up.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Today is my first day of getting my hormone and thyroid levels adjusted. It is also the first day of my journey to get this extra weight off. My doctor doesn't want me doing any strenuous exercise for the next month, but I can walk. Just knowing that my doctor and I have a plan to get me back to better health makes me feel so much better.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2015 annabella said: Can you walk? If you can just walk 40 minutes a day you can burn 400 calories.

annabella, this is good advice! I try to walk an hour a day on my treadmill and I don't need to be super-careful about what I eat. When I get lazy and don't walk the weight creeps on FAST. I can't believe the difference that simply walking has made for me.

Honored Contributor

AGV, I am glad to hear that you and your doc have a plan, and that you are on your way back to better health. Keep us posted.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Weight that's been lost can easily be gained back. The good news is that you can always go back on your plan and lose it again.

I am a strong supporter of Weight Watchers, I lost baby weight that way and have friends that lost a lot of weight on the new plan. WW always comes out as the best weight loss plan, and you can do it ONLINE without meetings if you wish.

Whatever you decide, I wish you good luck Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

So happy for you and that you and your doctor have a plan in mind!

I have used biodentical hormones in the form of a cream. It did a fine job of getting me through peri-menopause. I do notice that the areas of weight gain have been different after age 55. I notice this on other women, too. The area appears to center through the upper front (thank yu, mother nature, I got some "endowment" in the chest area too late!) and through the middle.

Walking has made a tremendous improvement in the following areas: balance/breathing/posture/skeletal re-adjustment (for me -- lower back and spine)/mental acuity/mental spirit/migraines control/other bodily functions evening out. These reasons help me maintain the program.

Also, both times I have started using "Smart Ones" desserts as a treat (and a substitution for something less full of calories) I do feel satisfied. HTH

Good luck and with a little time, things will hopefully even out for you and weight loss will occur. One thing is for sure, by getting everything back "in balance" you will get that look of health back in your glowing skin!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~