Honored Contributor

I take RX meds for allergies, plus shots and RX drops.  When I get a sinus headache I take this.

Advil® Allergy Sinus

It's from the Advil family that others suggested, but it helps as a crossover medicine.  You need to get it from behind the pharmacy counter.

@oak1 

Trusted Contributor

I take the Allegra 12 hour + Nasacort. Also use a saline nasal spray on occasion, especially after I've been outside. This has worked for me for several years now.

Honored Contributor

@oak1 

I've dealt with hay fever, allergies, etc etc since I was a teen.  By far, the best med I've found and have been using for several years now ..... Flonase.

Mask   Mask   Mask

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Talk to a pharmacist. They will be very helpful. Remember to tell them if you have any other conditions like high blood pressure.

-------------    

I agree!!  My cardio has told me several times...

avoid any med that has a D in it...raises blood pressure!!  Coricidin helps me when needed...

Respected Contributor

Re: Sinus Medication

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

If I feel like my head is stuffed and I have a mild productive cough, I take Mucinex at bedtime.    My allergy symptoms are generally pretty mild.    Also take Tylenol,

Can you take those with allergy meds?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sinus Medication

[ Edited ]

This helps with moving the gunk along.  I get the three packs at BJ's or Costco.

Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist - 4.25 fl oz

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Allegra. It works pretty well and no side effects. I cannot do decongestants, I get heart palpitations.  Zyrtec makes me sleepy and causes constipation.  And I have a badly deviated septum so a neti pot doesn't work right.  The ultimate is Benadryl, it truly solves the problem but causes so much drowsiness, it's only useful at night. I don't take it anymore, it gives me the munchies as if I was on marijuana. Strange but true.  I used to take it every night and the crazy late night snacking while half asleep was really out fo control!  Good luck I hope you can control your symptoms.

Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

This helps with moving the gunk along.  I get the three packs at BJ's or Costco.

Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist - 4.25 fl oz

-------------------

I use this too when I am really stuffy!  A cardio tech recommended it to me!!