Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest I think she needs a dermatologist. My PCP did not diagnose my rash correctly and gave me an anti fungal prescription which did not help. When I saw the dermatologist, he glanced at the rash and said eczema was the culprit. One injection, a prescription for eczema, and two days later the rash was gone.

Is there someone who can take her to a larger city for treatment? The nurse practitioner may need to make a referral to get an appointment more quickly. I know she is uncomfortable. I have been there.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@goldensrbest I think she needs a dermatologist. My PCP did not diagnose my rash correctly and gave me an anti fungal prescription which did not help. When I saw the dermatologist, he glanced at the rash and said eczema was the culprit. One injection, a prescription for eczema, and two days later the rash was gone.

Is there someone who can take her to a larger city for treatment? The nurse practitioner may need to make a referral to get an appointment more quickly. I know she is uncomfortable. I have been there.

My thoughts also ,but so far she can not get in to see one,for 4 months.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

If it is eczema, or even a rash from a fungus, either can be safely treated with topical salicylic acid (like a skin toner, or treatment pads). I'm not a doctor or anyone who can diagnose but I have been through this with someone I know.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If it is eczema, or even a rash from a fungus, either can be safely treated with topical salicylic acid (like a skin toner, or treatment pads). I'm not a doctor or anyone who can diagnose but I have been through this with someone I know.

She is very much hesitate to try anything, unless a medical person says to.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I  am looking for some suggestions on how to find  for my mom,87 ,to get in to see one,i live in maine,she in Indiana, i posted about her having a rash under her bra line,it was said to be yeast, she was only able to see a nurse practitioner, her doctor has not been in for wks. she lives in a small town, she can not get in to see anyone, what is a person to do? Sorry, about no paragraphs.

I understand.  When I first moved to where I am now, I'd get that rash because of the constant heat and humidity. You didn't mention what she's been using so  since it hasn't gotten any better the first thing I would do is call the office, specifically ask for the nurse (triage) line.  Usually have to leave a message.  Tell them the rash is not better and at this point perhaps a prescription (antibiotic speccific for treating yeast) is needed.  In the meantime for comfort: try a product that treats fungal/yeast with someones at the drugstore/grocery store.  I've used Lotrimin cream and powder and monistat.  A good powder I've used it Zeasorb AF.  It's very important to keep the area clean and dry.  I use a fan before and after applying.  I switched to Dove deodorant spray, the one with the cucumber on it.  I use it under my breasts everyday, drying it with a fan and, for me, has helped keeping that rash away.  But, first things first, call the office, let them know her status and get something else.  Whether it's a dccotor or NP, I think they'll pretty much order the same thing.  Good luck.  Keep us posted.  I hope your Mom gets better soon.

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shortage of doctors

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

My neighbor has the same problem-yeast infection under her bra line. She was advised to use MONISTAT 7, she purchased it at her nearest drugstore. She was given a prescription however at the pharmacy she was told MONISTAT 7 was less expensive and the same. She still uses it. She uses antibacterial bath soap, rinses and dries the area and sparingly uses the M-7. She or you can also order it from Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest   Not a doctor but  cortizone cream works.   Also getting air under there.  Cortizone works wonders.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shortage of doctors

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

She is very much hesitate to try anything, unless a medical person says to.

Maybe you should tell her something I was told several years ago. A doctor was brought in by management and informed he wasn't bringing back enough patients. They want to see a certain % return rate. He felt that went against the hypocratic oath and got a job in the ER where he was actually supposed to help people.

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

I completely agree...