Contributor

Thank you!  I pray no one ever gets COVID a second time.  That's what is scary now.  So, now that it has come back here in full force, I don't want to be a smarty and say, "Well, I'm protected.  I had it already."  I have my son's baby shower tomorrw, and I can't understand why they never called it off.   Young and invincible maybe?   I worry about her and the safety of her pregnancy, but no one else seems to be.   The vaccine is something I do want to take but I have reservations about any vaccines. 

Very sorry about your coworker's sister.  Stay safe, too!   Will we ever get back to a normal existence?   

Contributor

Thanks for your kind reply.  I did ask my doctor and he stated that even though I had the vaccines, there's no guarantee that you will not get shingles.  He did state that the vaccines probably helped me to not get the pustule outbreak.  I guess I'm thankful for that but oh, man, this is really painful and I am one that can handle pain, for the most part.  I guess my immune system is compromised.

Contributor

I also want to report that the CBD balm has helped.  I quit using the lidocaine patches and started with the balm.  I applied a very small amount and rubbed it into the skin at bedtime and then wore a t-shirt to bed.  The next night my husband rubbed a bunch in and I think he really used quite a bit because for about 3 hours, I was nodding off, felt so relaxed and a bit dizzy.  I believe I won't let him do that again.  Mind you, I'm one that doesn't take narcotics, don't drink, etc.  I just don't like the feeling of my mind being altered.  But, with a small amount of the balm, it does help!  At least, I was able to sleep and that in itself makes me feel better.  Thanks for all the nice replies and hints to help.

Honored Contributor

@SisterSisto wrote:

I also want to report that the CBD balm has helped.  I quit using the lidocaine patches and started with the balm.  I applied a very small amount and rubbed it into the skin at bedtime and then wore a t-shirt to bed.  The next night my husband rubbed a bunch in and I think he really used quite a bit because for about 3 hours, I was nodding off, felt so relaxed and a bit dizzy.  I believe I won't let him do that again.  Mind you, I'm one that doesn't take narcotics, don't drink, etc.  I just don't like the feeling of my mind being altered.  But, with a small amount of the balm, it does help!  At least, I was able to sleep and that in itself makes me feel better.  Thanks for all the nice replies and hints to help.

@SisterSisto @What brand of balm did you buy?

Contributor

I went to Fred Meyer pharmacy dept. and they had a kiosk right up front with all kinds of CBD items.  The Pharmacist answered all my questions and between him and I, we thought the balm would be the best.  

The brand is CO2 Plus CBD oil/hemp balm  extra strength/full spectrum.

Frequent Contributor

I just had my second shingles shot. Fingers crossed I won't get shingles but nothing is 100%.

Honored Contributor
I have a friend who had shingles when she was in her late 30’s . I always thought it was just something older people got. She missed a month of work and was miserable. She is fine now but has some scarring on her face and chest. My grandmother had it and I recall blisters and lots of pain. I think there are probably better ways to treat it than when she was so sick with it, DH and I both had the two dose vaccine and hope it keeps either of us from getting it or at least keep it from being severe. Prayers you feel much better quickly.
Super Contributor

I've had Shingles three times. The first time was beyond excruciating for about three months. The sencond time was a couple of days after my first Shingles shot and the third was a few months after my second Shingles shot.

I had post-herpatic neurlagia for about a year and a half. It was that long before I could wear a bra again.

I now keep anti-viral meds in my night stand just in case it happens again.

Wishing everyone the best - Shingles is no joke...

Honored Contributor

I hope your have a speedy recovery.  They say that if you get shingles after you have had the vaccine, it will be milder and of shorter duration.  I hope that is the case with you.

Contributor

Well ladies, I am reporting that not much has changed after 2 1'2 months.  The severity of the discomfort has lessened somewhat but have now been referred to a neurologist which I will see tomorrow.  I'm not sure what he can do but suspect he's going to do an EMG/NCV study.  I really think I have post herpetic neuropathy and there's not much you can do for that.  My PCM has changed me from gabapentin to Cymbalta and I'm a little upset about that.  There are so many side effects of Cymbalta and i already take a hand full of other meds daily.  

I currently am using the lidocaine patches, tylenol and weaning off the gabapentin.  I used the CBD balm for a couple of weeks but it made me a little "loopy" and tired and I literally was couch bound for two weeks.  No, I don't believe the CBD did me any good, as I still had the electric shock pains, itching, burning....it just made me not care so much, I guess!  I really do want to get better so I can wear a bra again!  Oh, and I want to vacuum my floors again!

Thanks for all your kind replies.